Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

basic 8

0 0

Okay, I am sure that I am doing something wrong, but I am not sure what. I have gotten to injecting an sql query in the url box (http://www.hellboundhackers.org/challenges/basic8/secure-area.php?password=????) and I have tried: password=GET password, password=GET password FROM family_db, password=GET password FROM family_db WHERE password='a' or 1=1–, etc. Any hints? P.S. I have looked at whitepaper's sql injection tutorial and sam207's and I think that I understand the concept decently…

0 0

There's a hint in the source. And there is no GET command in sql.

0 0

stranac wrote: There's a hint in the source. And there is no GET command in sql. I know: <!– ?sql_query –>Wrong SQL query so when I type hellboundhackers.org/challenges/basic/challenge8/secure-area.php?password=SELECT password FROM family_db and hit enter, I am submitting a query, right?

0 0

draegon wrote: I know: <!– ?sql_query –>Wrong SQL query so when I type hellboundhackers.org/challenges/basic/challenge8/secure-area.php?password=SELECT password FROM family_db and hit enter, I am submitting a query, right?

Think about why there's a ? in that comment. You'll probably get it in a few tries once you figure that out.

0 0

isn't it because you need to put a ? after the php extension?

0 0

draegon wrote: isn't it because you need to put a ? after the php extension?

Ok, now combine that with the fact it says '?sql_query'. Really, just try and think about stuff logically.

0 0

so why doesn't "hellboundhackers.org/challenges/basic/challenge8/secure-area.php?password=SELECT password FROM family_db" work?

0 0

I give up.

There's no point in helping someone if they aren't gonna pay attention to what you say.

0 0

@stranac: well thanks for the help anyway, I'll keep looking…

0 0

stealth- wrote: [quote]draegon wrote: so why doesn't "hellboundhackers.org/challenges/basic/challenge8/secure-area.php?password=SELECT password FROM family_db" work?

Do you understand how PHP GET variables work? Why are you trying to set the variable "password"?

Try learning how the different types of PHP variables work: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_get.asp http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_post.asp[/quote] Thanks for the links… i was pretty confused before. I am still confused about how to inject SQL into the url bar with no get variables present, do I use a '?' after '.php' or not? I tried: hellboundhackers.org/challenges/basic/challenge8/secure-area.php?@@password hellboundhackers.org/challenges/basic/challenge8/secure-area.php @@password hellboundhackers.org/challenges/basic/challenge8/secure-area.php? SELECT password (does the added space do anything?) I now realize that I was utterly confused earlier, but remain confused now…

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I'd like to avoid giving out too many spoilers here, so if you'd like you can PM me and I'll give you some more help.

0 0

I have problems with this challenge too.