Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Basic 24

0 0

Can't figure out how to do this. I've read the HBHBot so I think I know what the mission is. If I'm right I'm supposed to use the given @-commands to make the bot do what we want? Hints anyone??

0 0

I have read all the other topics about this challange and here are the hints I found useful.

sharpskater80 wrote: By the nature of IRC, you can get an idea of what characters to exploit. The main problem is you can't just type them in. Make use of the functions that are there for you and use some imagination. I think this is one of the better basics.

JohnDoe wrote: As a little hint -> what format do IRC commands have? Think how you can abuse the format to do whats required. :p

zeus_the_moose wrote: Hey guys, just completed this challenge. Pretty tough until you realize the trick. Here are some pointers:

1. We want the bot to issue a command, which means it must be done on his end not ours.
  2. A obvious place to start would be with the @say command, but remember we have other useful functions as well(hint hint).
  3. A command is issued on a single line only, and not as part of a functions output.
  4. Read pointer 3 again and then read pointer 2.

Hope this will help some of you solve this challenge. :)

mido wrote: Its an injection, but from a different type :)

So I have tried manipulating/"nesting" the @-commands to make the bot spit out and execute a certain irc command, but with no luck. I bet the answer lies in the quotes above, but somehow I'm missing something essential.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Okay, PM me with what you're trying. PM sendt, but not shure if it came through. Please confirm.

0 0

So I know there are some C**F magic to complete this challenge, but I can't figure out how and where to use it. The only way I can think of, to represent it, is by hex. Therefore I've been trying many things with the @hex2ascii command trying to make the bot do my bidding, but no cigar.

0 0

I think I know what methode to use but I'm stuck and the bot alway says Bot24: You're close, but not quite there yet. Can I PM someone my solution and maybe get a hint to the right solution?

EDIT: Ok I solved it. Biggest problem for me, after finding the right technique was to find out the correct irc command.