Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Basic 12 :S

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Upon opening the basic 12 page, I recieve this message:

You are on the right track, but we have limited the files you can include. Keep trying!

I hav'nt even done anything, and Im wondering if this is normal. I could just work on it from here, but I'd like to get the most realistic experience, and I doubt I'd see this in a normal situation :S

0 0

Yeah, that does sound fed up. Just get the attention of an admin and have em check it out.

0 0

Did you check your userAgent? I got the same screen for that reason

Ninja Extreme
0 0

mind_hack wrote: Did you check your userAgent? I got the same screen for that reason

Somehow I have this feeling that it doesn't matter too much after a year later.

0 0

How do I use John The Ripper? I tried saving the password to a txt file and than

running CMD and typing >>John-mmx [single] [file.txt] I have a few theories but im looking for a quick answer on this one.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

The obvious documentation wrote: Usage: john [OPTIONS] [PASSWORD-FILES] –single "single crack" mode –wordlist=FILE –stdin wordlist mode, read words from FILE or stdin –rules enable word mangling rules for wordlist mode –incremental[=MODE] "incremental" mode [using section MODE] –external=MODE external mode or word filter –stdout[=LENGTH] just output candidate passwords [cut at LENGTH] –restore[=NAME] restore an interrupted session [called NAME] –session=NAME give a new session the NAME –status[=NAME] print status of a session [called NAME] –make-charset=FILE make a charset, FILE will be overwritten –show show cracked passwords –test perform a benchmark –users=[-]LOGIN|UID[,..] [do not] load this (these) user(s) only –groups=[-]GID[,..] load users [not] of this (these) group(s) only –shells=[-]SHELL[,..] load users with[out] this (these) shell(s) only –salts=[-]COUNT load salts with[out] at least COUNT passwords only –format=NAME force hash type NAME: DES/BSDI/MD5/BF/AFS/LM/NT/mscash/NETLM/NETNTLM/bfegg/DOMINOSEC/lotus5/raw-MD5/raw-sha1/IPB2/nsldap/openssha/HDAA –save-memory=LEVEL enable memory saving, at LEVEL 1..3

Password files should be in the format of one per line, with the username separate from the password via the ":" character. Example:

admin:encryptedpassword user:encryptedpassword otherguy:encryptedpassword

It doesn't get easier than that.