Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Basic 12 John the Ripper

0 0

Anyone know where to get John the Ripper? I tried the OpenWall Website but after downloading it, it said the file was corrupted.

Admin from hell
0 0

When downloading and opening jtr. make sure any antivirus programs is off. Otherwise the A/v will try to delete the jtr exe. file as it will see it as a threat.

0 0

Got John the Ripper, I saved the hash in a txt file, put it in the "run" folder, but now I get a error saying No password hashes loaded. any suggestions?

0 0

whitehat98660 wrote: Got John the Ripper, I saved the hash in a txt file, put it in the "run" folder, but now I get a error saying No password hashes loaded. any suggestions? Learn the syntax of the command you're trying to use?

0 0

Yep he is right. First time I tried jtr it took me over an hour to figure out how to work it.

if you can code you may just be better off making your own program and using the dictionary jtr comes with. It's good to make one of those once in your life to understand exactly what jtr better (from how the code is working), but its not required to understand it.

good luck