Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Basic Web hacking 6...directory.

0 0

i have read and read no clues what so ever i am very new to all this i done basic web 1 to 5 but iam stuck on this level.. i don't know where to find the directory file where all filed are stored.. ppl saying i need to guess..i only need a bit of bush not spoiler.. i tried……directory/files… or dir/files/ secret/dir/files.. i don't know what to guess.. this level is getting my nerve even at work i am still in this website.. i can't eat.. can't sleep… help me anyone i am willing to learn:) ohh i forgot i been guessing for 3 days for this level than you all

0 0

well you're trying to delete the logs. so try again, with that in mind.

0 0

The file to delete is called logs.txt so that might give you a clue as to the what the directory is called ;)

0 0

Well the file is is logs.txt so don't change that you need to find the directory.

eg /xxxxxxxx/logs.txt (Don't count the x's they are the wrong number for the word.)

0 0

welL what wOuld be a Good directory for logS to be in? hey that was kind of like stegano all by itself.

0 0

guys thanks for all your replies.. i am not sure if i found the directory… this is wat i entered http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxx/xx/xxxxx/logs.txt

i was taking to a different page that show

xxxxxxxxx Activities |

xxxxxxxxxx REPORTED!!
Activity xxxxxx!
———————–
xxxxxx being Watched
———————–
Unknown xxxxxxx

is this the directory.. help any one.. if this is the dir plz tell me wat to do next than you

0 0

yep your in the right dir ;) now how could u find other files in the same directory ;)

0 0

when I view the logs.txt, I just get an "Activities being watched" warning page. Stil no use to me, Ive tried viewing log2.txt, logs1.txt, mylog.txt too, but they don't exist. I have no clue as to where to go now. copied this not from a someone who is got same problem. anyways i know i need to find the directory that records tracks an and this directory hold 3 fils error…alert e.t.. plz help me i am doing this for 3 weeks partime…spoil or do anything i need a big hint becuase i am tierd.. pm me with spoil if anyone can than so much for all ur hep guys

0 0

whoa….rule no. 1: never ask for spoilers! as for your question, try going to the directory that you found logs.txt in and see if it shows a list of all the files in that directory…

0 0

ok … here is what u need: u need $ chmod and $ rm now … u need to know what "all+execute" means and what is actual parameter used .. i will help u wih this one : a+x, simle huh? now .. u know first command, and u know next two commands which are the same … the only difference is what u will remove (rm)

ok .. we know the name of first file to remove .. logs.txt ,,, but what is the second file ? … to find out that .. u need to know where is logs.txt located … use ur imagination .. think !!!

in which folder LOGS would be stored .. .. HEHE ok I think u already get the point ..

now, the format

$ chmod a+x directory where LOGS are stored/logs.txt $rm directory where LOGS are stored/filename that u get when u open in browser the directory where LOGS are stored :-p ended with slash / dot extension

BINGO

0 0

I don't understand what you're getting at are they in the logical callenges or what?

0 0

I dont know what i must to do

[ removed due to spoilers ]

it doesn't work.. help m,e please…