Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Stuck on basic 12

root@Alpha.Oddities
0 0

ok so i see some things like the significances of the url but i still have no clue what to do with it?? I looked around the forum and articles and got an idea but cant seem to execute it. Can some one help me please

0 0

you can pm me with what you've tried

0 0

I've had this problem too. I put in the .h******* and .h******* extensions and it said I'm close but they've limited the files I can include?

0 0

Think about how Password Protection is done.

You're thinking about it as a challenge.

There's nothing much to say about this one that wouldn't be too much of a spoiler.

All I'm going to say is if you had a lock on your bedroom door and you didn't want anyone to come in.. you'd lock that lock. Not your front door.

0 0

reaper4334 wrote: Think about how Password Protection is done.

You're thinking about it as a challenge.

There's nothing much to say about this one that wouldn't be too much of a spoiler.

All I'm going to say is if you had a lock on your bedroom door and you didn't want anyone to come in.. you'd lock that lock. Not your front door.? I still don't get it.

0 0

Ok, I'll stick with the house thing..

If you're trying to break in to that room that's locked..

The front door is open so we're already in the house.. we can ignore that lock.. The door of their room is locked, we need to open that.

The lock that keeps that door locked is on the door. It's not the lock on the front door that's keeping us out?

Anything? Even a slight tiny little bit? If not, read the articles and previous forum posts… both have spoilers that will help you.

0 0

Here goes Reaper again with his fancy scenarios :)

0 0

reaper4334 wrote: Ok, I'll stick with the house thing..

The front door is open so we're already in the house.. we can ignore that lock.. The door of their room is locked, we need to open that.

The lock that keeps that door locked is on the door. It's not the lock on the front door that's keeping us out?

Anything? Even a slight tiny little bit? If not, read the articles and previous forum posts… both have spoilers that will help you.I've got it. Now I just need to decrypt the hash somehow. Trying to find the Cain and Abel wordlist.

0 0

reaper4334 wrote: Ok, I'll stick with the house thing..

Anything? Even a slight tiny little bit? If not, read the articles and previous forum posts… both have spoilers that will help you.

seriously dude. the best bit of advice you could give is to read the articles.

lol try to not explain shit in metaphors..it's almost as bad as birds and bees

anyone know of a good wordlist? =P

Banned
0 0

dwnr wrote: anyone know of a good wordlist? =P

There once was a man who pushed a man and the man died.

0 0

And the pusher was named "spyware"

0 0

dwnr wrote: seriously dude. the best bit of advice you could give is to read the articles.

and If they had already read the articles? That's why I did both, give clues and telling to check the articles.

I didn't try to 'explain shit in metaphors.' I made a metaphor similar enough to give a good clue. To get them thinking. Not to explain it to them.

Metaphors and analogies can sometimes be a really good way of making you see things that you didn't see to start with. But, if you don't see them, the metaphor doesn't give you the answer straight off.

Anyway, back to topic.. I believe you would find a hell of a lot of good wordlists by googling for them.. anyway.. try http://theargon.com

0 0

reaper4334 wrote: [quote]dwnr wrote: seriously dude. the best bit of advice you could give is to read the articles.

and If they had already read the articles? That's why I did both, give clues and telling to check the articles.

I didn't try to 'explain shit in metaphors.' I made a metaphor similar enough to give a good clue. To get them thinking. Not to explain it to them.

Metaphors and analogies can sometimes be a really good way of making you see things that you didn't see to start with. But, if you don't see them, the metaphor doesn't give you the answer straight off.

Anyway, back to topic.. I believe you would find a hell of a lot of good wordlists by googling for them.. anyway.. try http://theargon.com[/quote]Dude thank you so much. Your metaphor helped. Challenge passed :]