Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

BULLSHIT

root@Alpha.Oddities
0 0

i'm on basic six and i know the files, the directory, the commands and all but it wont work i even had my freind bring his linux box so i could try the command out and i got it to work perfectly. can some one please help me

0 0

Ok so the introduction to this challenge is important . The good part is :

"chmod the file to all+execute and delete that file and the other file that tracks people. Mr. Deitry also said the command to do all these action needs a $ in the begining"

step one is = chmod the file to all+execute

step two is = delete that file

step three is = delete the file that tracks people

So the files in question are the logs.txt & the tracking file or logs .

• Have you found the logs.txt ?

• Have you found the tracking file or logs ?

Also this whole challenge is based on unix commands .

• Have you found the proper unix commands ?

Theres articles that tell you what commands you need . Theres two !

Well you said you know the commands . So im guessing maby you did also find the two locations you need to make sure the commands have the right path direction . If not you need to find those to win .

You can also PM with what you have . I just did the challenge to make sure it works . It does , so theres something wrong with your commands .

Tog go bog e , Neqtan

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

firstly because of the thread name, everybody will assume that ur impatient prick. I think so as well, but I'm willing to help, the commands are hard coded, so there must me exact syntax followed, you can pm me what you've been trying, and if you won't repeat that behavior I will help you out.

EDIT:Neqtan:I must say briliant post, but you just ruined my "good manners" lesson :D:D

best regards

0 0

I understand your point about manners clone4 . I do agree with you .

But to me the only thing that came off as bieng a bit wrong was the title .

The post itself was fairly civil in production . So i felt compelled to help .

I completely understand what its like to feel you have the correct answer and get nowhere and then find out you were close but it was syntax .

Sometimes we all say goofy stuff out of frsutration . Ive done it too .

Thanks for the compliment on the post i made . I just hope it helps .

Tog go bog e , Neqtan

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

yeah mine reply was basically based just on the title, I was a little hasty ( I remember what it was like being stuck on chall 6 :) ) anyway lets cut this offtopic, so this thread isn't filled in with irrelevant posts.

EDIT:happy :D ? strange normally I use that word a lot :D well everybody makes mistakes ( you english people and ur accurate spelling and grammer…. :D )

Good luck with challenge

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

clone4 wrote: yeah mine reply was basically based just on the title, I was a little hasty ( I remember what it was like being stuck on chall 6 :) ) anyway lets cut this offtopic, so this thread isn't filled in with nonrelevant posts.

Good luck with challenge

I believe you mean "irrelevant" ;)