Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

basic 14

0 0

john the ripper is being a bitch. if anyone is up for a PM, I'll send you the hash (as proof that I found it:)) and you can supply me the cracked password? Thanks

0 0

moshbat wrote: No. Cracking it is part of the challenge.

Thats the best hint you can give :)

0 0

this one is easy what you need to do in basic challenges wi** so**** and then look green letters you will find smth:p

0 0

Trust me its worth learning something as simple as running jtr, you will use it more then you can imagine in your "hacking" career. But if you like a more graphical interface I suggest Cain and Abel http://www.oxid.it/cain.html, I always enjoy cli myself, it gives you much more control over what your doing :happy:.

0 1

wait a minute.

you don't have to crack basic14, the password is given in plaintext, so apparently what you did was just waste your time.

0 0

Xx r3negade wrote: john the ripper is being a bitch. if anyone is up for a PM, I'll send you the hash (as proof that I found it:)) and you can supply me the cracked password? Thanks

so, what makes you think it's a hash?

0 0

Sorry, basic 12, my bad.:angry: Anyway, I know how to use JTR; I just don't have access to a computer right now that can be left running for many consecutive hours, and the password is taking a lifetime to crack.

Banned
0 0

Xx r3negade wrote: Sorry, basic 12, my bad.:angry: Anyway, I know how to use JTR; I just don't have access to a computer right now that can be left running for many consecutive hours, and the password is taking a lifetime to crack.

Wordlists speed this up. Cracked under 5 mins.

0 0

Don't necro challenge threads unless you're asking a question about the challenge. Lock.