Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

computer problems

0 0

my hp pavilion notebook RUNNING VISTA (vista is shit. don't get it.) , when i turn it on says, "A red disk error has occurred . press ctl+alt+del to restart" i press it. it tries to restart. then the message appears again. so does anyone know how to fix it? thanks- Night_Stalker

:(
80 120

I know this doesn't really help, but you posted in the wrong section. It's not a basic challenge. Sorry to veer off-topic, it's just that you might get more hits if it's under the right thing. Then again, who knows, I still clicked it. About your actual problem, I really couldn't tell you. Sorry.

0 0

yeah. i just clicked on a previous post then clicked post a new one. sorry. wanst paying attention.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Night_Stalker wrote: my hp pavilion notebook RUNNING VISTA (vista is shit. don't get it.) , when i turn it on says, "A red disk error has occurred . press ctl+alt+del to restart" i press it. it tries to restart. then the message appears again. so does anyone know how to fix it? thanks- Night_Stalker first of all, i'm tired of people saying vista is shit. it may not be perfect, but it's no worse than xp was when it first came out.

now, back on topic. have you tried gooleing the error message you got? there's always somone else with the same problem and there's usually someone who figured out how to fix it. and i'm sure it's just a typo, but shouldn't it be 'read disk error' insead of 'red disk error'? try this: http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62539

0 0

didn't work. yeah it was a typo. but if i do have to reinstall the system. im not sure how i would, it didn't come with a disk. it came pre-installed… if cant figure out how to fix it i will probably wait until i go to my dad's house this weekend. and see if his girlfriend knows anything about it. if not i may ask the computer fixing guy at my school if i see him.

The Manager
0 0

HP stores their recovery disc on the hard drive. You do a recovery through the boot section and choose the recovery console.

0 0

An error? as in a corrupted sector of the HD? This is solved by not playing squash with your notebook. Try using the maintanance tools?

Or does the error come up with a red screen? The "Red Screen of Death" was the other thing I found in 2 seconds of using google. Try google phrases of the error in quotes. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/Longhorn_RSoD.png

And yeah, Vista works. Windows ME works too.

0 0

MBR error.

get an external hdd from a friend,boot from it. run an recovery software on ur corrupt HDD,recover all the data. then format it. reinstall the OS.

amen. B)