Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Another basic 8

0 0

If the query is supposed to check the pass, and we inject it via the form or otherwise… wouldn't it be wrong to return all the date from the table? Should I include a where statement to limit my results?

… beeing a little bit lost…

0 0

you might want to find a better translator, learn english, or get a spell checker, that's pretty garbled man.

Anyways, I'm not sure I get what you're asking on this one but what table do you need to dump? Think about that.

755 14

Hagzor wrote: I've done this one before, and one at at hts, so I must at least have the standard knowledge to pass. I've re-read many different articles and went to w3schools and I know about the 'SELECT', 'FROM', 'WHERE' and '*'

And I'm, pretty sure that the query goes in the url, but not how it does. I mean, is it in the blank url?(that's what it did in the HTS one) Or just behind what's already there, or do you add ?sql_query=" " after the .php?

That, I have no idea.

Edit: Bleh

This is basically the stage I'm at but i do know the URL that seems to be the key. I've been looking through Google for like days now and yeh, I can only find the same pages. I've look at that much i don't know what I'm looking for anymore. So any pages that people have found usefull to them regarding this challenge would be most appreciated. or just a pm with a push in the right direction.

;)

0 0

I just came to the first basic 8 i could find. I think i have what needs to be injected i'm just unsure where it needs to be injected. in the password field? in the url at basic8/index.php or at the url at basic8/secure-area.php.

Also if i could PM somone with what i have so i know it's correct that would be great. Thanks for your help in advanced

EDIT: by the way i've done this before but my points all got erased for some reason

EDIT2: OK i figured it out. The inject goes in the basic 8/secure-area.php. The way it worked for me is to forget anything about GET, i didn't work for me. instead focus on the VARIABLE and what to put into it.

0 0

I think that instead or looking for a certain string combination to be enterered (I imagine the form actually uses a regular expression to validate the correct sql injection code has been entered) the site should actually set up a dummy database.

Here's why… I have entered several combinations of sql code that in real life would have authenticated me but do not here. NeWays, I will continue entering different variations until I get what it is that you are looking for.

0 0

B) I done it in just 10 minutes… After reading this Thread, and checking w3schools

Just do it, try it there, and then here … (Method post, but not in ur form… how can we send data ?… Thx HBHBot…) do another google search after hbhbot and i now now what he means.:D