Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

basic 8 help.

0 1

I know this is a lame question, but I seem unable to find the proper PHP syntax to complete this challenge.

I did look at the source at the secure area, and entered my request at the URL box on the secure area and not the password box.

the syntax is ?sql_query SELECT*FROM family_db.

is it the correct syntax? if it isn't, can someone at least tell me what did i do wrong?

0 0

EDIT: wow, I have no idea what I thinking…"?sql_query=" is right, I'm retarded..must've been really tired or something when I wrote that :P

0 1

mind explaining on how to do it? I'm quite a newbie on this stuff.

i've read some articles on php/sql injection but i still can't figure it out.

nobody
0 0

You should edit your post coz it might spoil this challenge. You almost right.

T'rtnggl = pas sql_query tu dan jugak spacing.;)

0 0

When I did it, I didn't use a GET var. Also, what you have, fuser, is actually very close… You're just missing a few key things.

0 0

Yeah, I just did it… You are VERY close a few and you will be good. And @Skunkfoot: it is not an action, it is a variable. The GET would be in the PHP not the URL SQL Injection.

0 0

oh man i was so close… but why should you just wanna dump everything in the website… thought too much in exploits which grab specific things (i.e. password + username)… thanks for your help

0 0

PM me, any further would be outright giving it to you

0 0

captaintk wrote:

but why should you just wanna dump everything in the website…

If you are referring to the URL then it is because variables are passed by GET method. However sometimes GET is more useful then POST but it also provides security issue. This is merely show of probable exploits.

0 0

can i pm someone what i have so far?

i have a question just dont want to spoil

0 0

can i pm someone what i have so far?

i have a question just dont want to spoil

0 0

you can pm me

:(
80 120

I'm always willing to help. Just make sure you've done your best by yourself first. I'm not here to give away answers.

0 0

Look at the source in the secure area after the login thing. you should notice ?s**_q**r*= . Replace it where you think it should go and use your injections

0 0

:(

I got the ?sl_qe*y , but I don't know where to put it and I'm getting desperate:(

Is it supposed to go to the URL?

0 0

Ya, you ever seen something like index.php?name=bob ? Think like that

0 0

Thx man, finally got it…..

BTW I don't think a real website will give us important variable such as the ?sl_qe*y thing??

So how do we does it in a real web?

0 0

Caiim wrote: Thx man, finally got it…..

BTW I don't think a real website will give us important variable such as the ?sl_qe*y thing??

So how do we does it in a real web?

You plan, and test, until you find the appropriate attack.

0 0

I got the same, I typed in a random password and went to the securearea.php page and typed in ?S***** * F*** f*****_db after the .php part and refreshed, just said Wrong SQL Query.

help on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated

0 0

You can PM me if you would like.

0 0

skathgh420 wrote: You can PM me if you would like.Done