Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HBH Doesn't like my packet

0 0

THE PACKET I SENT: POST /challenges/timed/timed2/index.php HTTP/1.1 Host: www.hellboundhackers.org User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0b; Windows NT 6.0) Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content-length: 9 Set-Cookie: removed

test=test

THE PACKET I RECIEVED HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 16:26:27 GMT Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) X-Powered-By: PHP/5.0.4 Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=31c23ld8eb4ijbbr71dthg1902; path=/ Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache Content-Length: 345 Connection: close Content-Type: text/html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"><html> <head> <title>Malformed Request</title> </head> <body> <h1>Malformed Request</h1> <p>Please check that no referer spoofing applications are active and try again.</p> <hr/> <address>Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server at www.hellboundhackers.org Port 80</address> </body> </html>

What's wrong with the packet I sent?

0 0

Despite what that error message says, you actually DO need to spoof your referrer to get your submission to work. so use:

markupcurl_opt($yourvar, CURLOPT_REFERER, $yourdata)

and it should return the page.

0 0

Didn't try timed but I've got similar reply when trying the other The site is checking if you are logged in and if referer is from challenge page ( here …/timed2/index.php )

0 0

rumburak wrote: Didn't try timed but I've got similar reply when trying the other The site is checking if you are logged in and if referer is from challenge page ( here …/timed2/index.php )

I don't think it's checking if I'm logged in: that's not very logical. If it was, it wouldn't give me a 'malformed request' error.

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: Despite what that error message says, you actually DO need to spoof your referrer to get your submission to work. so use:

markupcurl_opt($yourvar, CURLOPT_REFERER, $yourdata)

and it should return the page.

I'm not using curl. I'm writing the packet manually, then using sockets:

function makePacket($host, $page, $agent, $cookie, $data)
 {
  #Generate the packet
  $packet  = &quot;POST &quot;.$page.&quot; HTTP/1.1&#92;r&#92;n&quot;;
  $packet .= &quot;Host: &quot;.$host.&quot;&#92;r&#92;n&quot;;
  $packet .= &quot;User-Agent: &quot;.$agent.&quot;&#92;r&#92;n&quot;;
  $packet .= &quot;Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded&#92;r&#92;n&quot;;
  $packet .= &quot;Content-length: 0&#92;r&#92;n&quot;; /*strlen($data)*/
  $packet .= &quot;Set-Cookie: &quot;.$cookie.&quot;&#92;r&#92;n&quot;;
  $packet .= &quot;&#92;r&#92;n&quot;;
  $packet .= $data;

#return packet
  return  $packet;
 }

Sure enough, it's the referrer! That's rather odd, I suppose it has to do with the POST attribute. This packet works just fine:

POST /index.php HTTP/1.1
Host: www.hellboundhackers.org
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0b; Windows NT 6.0)
Referer: http://hellboundhackers.org/forum/viewthread.php
Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-length: 0
Set-Cookie: REMOVED

test=test

0 0

rumburak wrote: Well, yes you have to login in to access http://www.hellboundhackers.org/challenges/timed/index.php but you can access subdirectories without being logged for referer I use Modify Headers in Firefox

Seeing as my PHP script is crafting the packet and not firefox, I doubt a firefox addon would be much help.

And, obviously you have to be logged in. That's why I set to cookie in the packets. I just didn't add the atual cookie there for obvious reasons.

0 0

Once again, I don't need and won't use cURL. It doesn't give me the control over my packet content that I want. I'm drafting the packets myself. And, my connection is fine, I'm requesting pages fine, now I just need to write the regex code to finish the challenge, and I'm damned lazy and have a report to finish up today.