Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Anyone familiar with Python 3 that can help with Timed 1

0 0

I decided to try this with Python 3.4 since it was installed on this machine
Im able to connect to the site, search and find the line to decode,
decode it
(I also checked with some online tools so Im pretty sure what is returned is correct)
post it back to the site and get the "Wrong string, try again!" message

Im pretty sure this is an encoding thing. Python 3 handles a couple things differently than the way it did in 2 possibly. Im reading everything I can now but maybe someone is really good at Python 3 and can help me. I dont want to post too much info here.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Python 2.7 ftw!

Sure, don't use the code tags though, stick it in [php ] tags and send it my way.

0 0

I got some pointers over at stackoverflow.com and ended up completing the challenge.
Python 3 doesnt use urllib.urlencode You have to use urllib.parse.urlencode and the way you supply it with arguments was confusing me.

Thanks for offer of help Rex! I will probably PM you about Timed 2 because i think the way the challenge differs will cause me problems… If anyone in the future does this in Python 3 and has problems feel free to PM me. :)