Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Timed 1 in python, help

0 0

I have code in python that I think should work. Checked out the post and get through wireshark and everything but I still get wrong string try again. Can I pm somebody with my code ?

0 0

PM Stealth- or Ynori7

they've both done it in Python, I believe, and are active members.

0 0

You don't need wireshark. Your using python to login to HBH, go to timed 1, decrepit the encoding, and answer by sending it back to timed 1. If you haven't seen that encryption type before, it gives a hint in the url.

You will have to keep track of your cookies too, so HBH will know its you.

urllib, urllib2, cookielib

There are plenty of tutorials for each module mentioned above.

You can also search for timed1 here on HBH and get plenty of clues on how to pass the timed challenges.

0 0

sin666verguenza wrote: I have code in python that I think should work. Checked out the post and get through wireshark and everything but I still get wrong string try again. Can I pm somebody with my code ?

I do all of mine in python. You can send it to me & I'll see if I can make some suggestions for you.

0 0

You don't need cookielib, I've done mine in Python with just urllib and urllib2.

I've used only these two libraries for all the timed challenges I've done. Its really quiet simple.

Alt+F4
0 0

Dead Thread Rezurekted! lol You replied to a 2 year old post.

But for anyone who may run into this problem in the future: For anyone else having this problem…without seeing code the most common issue with this error is the browser session used to access the mission page and get the random mission data and the browser session used to submit the answer after running your code to solve it arent the SAME session.

like this: code logs in and opens mission page scrapes data from page solves code opens NEW mission page to submit the answer

Opening a new page, even the same URL address, means the random mission data will be different hence the answer you have isn't correct anymore. To correctly answer you'll have to submit the answer on the same exact page you scraped the data meaning the same session.

By the way I am going through every coding mission I can find online using python. If anyone has any issues give me a shout.

0 0

I actually put together a pretty neat custom module for python that will automatically read, copy, and load into a cookiejar all the cookies that have been stored by your FIREFOX browser.

This works great for sites like HBH. Means you don't have to worry about storing your password information (encrypted or otherwise) in your script or updating the script if your site password changes.

after you save it in your python folder You can use it like this

import WHATEVERYOUNAMEDYOURFILE as newbrowser opener, br, cj=newbrowser.redsbrowser()

The code returns a urllib2 opener, mechanize browser, and cookiejar already loaded with firefoxes cookies so all the sites you were logged into with firefox should be pre-logged into with a python script.

(p.s. I had it return both the opener and mechanize browser because I use them both FREQUENTLY either one or the other so even though throughout one script i'll probably only use one of them I coded them both in there.)

I have the python code posted in my git here: https://github.com/koldPile/Coding_files.git

0 0

I just started learning python yesterday and managed to pass this today. I used only requests package and regex to find the string. I got the result pretty nicely but struggled with encodings a LOT. So make sure that you decode your response to UTF-8 when sending the answer in the URL.