Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Timed 7, Another way around it.

0 0

Been reading in the forums on how to do Timed 7, and i was a bit amazed that no one mentioned the simplest way (By not using GD Lib).

Any way, The fastest way to do it with the minimal lines of code (using PHP) and the way i did it was:

1- curl to login 2- curl to get the barcode.php then i opened a file for writing and got all the data in and named it barcode.png

the trick comes here. why should i code i dont know how many lines to deal with the GD lib and decode the barcode while some one else did it before me …. Hello, some websites on line do that!

just upload the file using curl to one of them, get the result and post it back to HBH.

This is a 100% working way to do it if you dont know GD or your too lazy to code. :vamp::vamp::vamp:

2,795 1

ADIGA, very interesting approach and congratulations on completing the challenge. But, in my opinion, I believe you missed the point of this challenge. The timed programming challenges, again my opinion, are for you to hon-in on your programming skills and make a simple barcode conversion program. There are lot of examples online that could have solved this just as fast and making one yourself can prove to be very educational. I believe your post will make this challenge to easy now and will lose its experience.

0 0

will, i do respect your what your said, and im not saying it wrong, its 100% right, it was just another way around it, and i really was amazed not to read anything about it on the forums.

And im starting to work with GD in PHP, ill redo it when i have finished.

0 0

I wrote all my solutions to the timed challenges in PHP and I am glad to say they were all very much quicker than the time limit. Most took a few hundered milliseconds to complete the computing task after I optimised my method, plus a few hundered milliseconds for requests.

For Timed 7 I did use GD in the end, so if you need any tips let me know but I am sure your knowledge of programming is good enough from other threads.

I went and read around about the barcode format used and understood the method of decoding and verification, I found it quite interesting. Equally your solution is valid, just I was interested in how barcodes work. :)

I only really used cURL once for one of the Timed challenges. For all the others normal s****** are just fine, but I suppose the code is neater and easier to maintain if you use cURL.

Jim,

0 0

I've thought about trying timed 7 with my android phone; if I ever get around to it.

PHP WARRIOR
2,490 1

is the post page on the index.php working ?? because when I try to post back the answer and i should be expecting a page loaded (from executing the cURL_exec($ch); ) I get number 1 instead of html data..

let me know if this is normal or get it fixed so I can post my answer for timed 7!

10 0

Congratulations…

A crazy man once said… "Creativity is more powerful than knowledge" :ninja:

I think it applies here!