Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

curl login

0 0

I'm trying to login through the command line with curl. It acts like the command runs fine but then doesn't log me in. I'm thinking it's cause it's not remembering me so i tried to pass y in for the checkbox but its still not working. here's what i have. can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

markupcurl -d user_name=styloverte116 -d user_pass=<mypasshere:P> -d remember_me=y www.hellboundhackers.org

Banned
0 0

Cookies.

0 0

hmmm.. can you elaborate a little. it makes sense but not enough to do anything

Banned
0 0

You need to use –dump-header and use the http headers. Basically, type javascript:alert(document.cookie) in a browser, this is the stuff you'll be needing. You need to use the cookies that are sent by HBH.

0 0

Without the cookies that contain the session id and some other stuff, the server won't know who you are.

0 0

ok it still doesn't work.. heres what i have now.

markupcurl -d user_name=styloverte116 -d user_pass=<mypass> -D headers.txt -c cookies.txt www.hellboundhackers.org

and while i'm having problems with this.. does anyone know how i can get unlimited buffering in the command prompt on windows?

EDIT – i found the buffering. its not unlimited but i changed it from 50 to 999

Banned
0 0

I think you're only storing the cookies, not using them.

You're sure that the cookie jar is being created right? Try adding a -v and see if it isn't failing.

0 0

I thought about that but i can't find any information on how to use them. -v doesn't give me any warning so it should be working.

EDIT – i found an option -b to read in cookies from a text file and used curl -b cookies.txt www.hellboundhackers.org after my first command but it still doesn't work

Retired
10 0

It's also possible (with firefox for sure) to use the browsers cookies. This may be of use to you in the future.

Banned
0 0

MoshBat wrote: Rather than trying to log in, why don't you just run the script from your local machine, using the cookies you have right now?

Cause he wants to login from the command-line, and from then on use those cookies.

Banned
0 0

MoshBat wrote: I can't seem to get my head around why someone would do that… Really, the method most people use would be much simpler, no?

Yeah, but… HBH displays like shit in Lynx.

Retired
10 0

What I meant by that is, he would have all his previous cookies and then he wouldn't have to worry about saving them this time.

While on the subject, does anyone have a copy of the libcurl library? My firewall is being a douche and I can't get* to any download pages for it. Thanks.

edit *

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: What I meant by that is, he would have all his previous cookies and then he wouldn't have to worry about saving them this time.

While on the subject, does anyone have a copy of the libcurl library? My firewall is being a douche and I can't to any download pages for it. Thanks.

Which bind do you need? (What language are you programming in?)

Edit: Oh, just actually read your post.

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/bindings.html

Fucking idiot.

Retired
10 0

Thanks for your help. I am learning http sockets in dev-cpp on windows and I actually came across one. nexttag or something of the like. Thanks again.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: I can't seem to get my head around why someone would do that… Really, the method most people use would be much simpler, no?

Yes, the method most people would use is much simpler. Just to clear any questions up, I'm running windows. I don't do a lot of cmd stuff, and have never used curl, and i wanted to get an idea on how to use the command line. i was going to try to do timed 1 from the command prompt. Also, my computer is going too slow. Greasemonkey takes too long with all images disabled, among other things, and hbh in the hosts file and no other programs running and no additional tabs open. I still can't get it to log me in. I couldn't find anything since my last post, so I'm still using the same lines.

0 0

i finally figured it out.

i opened livehttpheaders in firefox and checked what was getting posted and there was a login parameter…

so i used

markupcurl -c cookies.txt -D headers.txt -d "user_name=styloverte116&user_pass=<mypasshere>&login=Login" www.hellboundhackers.org

and then i just used the following to access the page:

markupcurl -b cookies.txt www.hellboundhackers.org

Thanks to everyone who helped.

0 0

I think the '–cookie' is competent, you should paste the cookies from your browser to here.

markupcurl --cookie "COOKIE1=VALUE1; COOKIE2=VALUE2" But try out 'man curl' anytime. :happy: