Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Maybe a manual code review

0 0

I have been submitting the correct answers for Timed 5 all day. The problem is that I am in the US. Even with my high speed connection there is just too much network latency to get the answer back to HBH in under 2 seconds. The page doesn't even load that fast except on the best days. So may get a mod to look at my 19 line Greasemonkey script, verify that it will give the correct answer and award me the points? It is driving me batty!!

-Hawk

0 0

To add on to what rex_mundi said, images are also unneccesary.

Tools > Options > Content > Load images automatically

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

The add-on can block everything on the page , ie frames , images , scripts , stylesheets etc , just prevent everything from loading .

0 0

hawk_wolfram wrote: I have been submitting the correct answers for Timed 5 all day. The problem is that I am in the US. Even with my high speed connection there is just too much network latency to get the answer back to HBH in under 2 seconds.

Oh, yeah, cuz you're the ONLY one in the US with a high-speed connection. :P Just optimize your script and keep trying it… If that doesn't work:

hawk_wolfram wrote: So may get a mod to look at my 19 line Greasemonkey script, verify that it will give the correct answer and award me the points? … do it in something other than Javascript. Or, at least, verify that the data is coming in as you expect through a series of alerts for:

1. The preliminary data
  2. The retrieved data
  3. The processed data
  4. The time taken between starting timestamp and ending one

0 0

Hey All,

Thanks for the ideas. I had the page stripped down to its proverbial skivvies (white background, nothing but links) and still no dice. My script is running in the < 10 ms range. All of my alerts are confirming its correct functioning. I guess I'll just finish the other challenge categories then maybe things will have changed.

And Zephyr, I put the highspeed comment in there just to preemptively ward off any dial-up questions/comments :)

-Hawk

0 0

hawk_wolfram wrote: Thanks for the ideas. I had the page stripped down to its proverbial skivvies (white background, nothing but links) and still no dice. My script is running in the < 10 ms range. All of my alerts are confirming its correct functioning. I guess I'll just finish the other challenge categories then maybe things will have changed.

Feel free to PM me examples of the alerts you're getting, preliminary data, and such. I'd hate for you to be doing it correctly and not getting rewarded (as I did for a while with Timed 6).

hawk_wolfram wrote: And Zephyr, I put the highspeed comment in there just to preemptively ward off any dial-up questions/comments :)

Ahh, that makes more sense. No worries; just thought it was a funny supposition, if it had been one. :)