Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Amount of time for timed challenges

0 0

I'm just starting the timed challenges. I have a whole script for timed 1, and I have a fairly good internet onnection speed, but no matter what I try, including not loading images, styles, colors, or anything else, I always end up getting the message "You took longer than a second!" Do you have any possible solutions for this?

root@Alpha.Oddities
0 0

do you have an answer

0 0

what?

root@Alpha.Oddities
0 0

nvm i just tried what i was thinking and found a flaw

0 0

Are you doing it in php by any chance?

0 0

Run your script when theres only a few people online on hbh, that worked when i had the same problem.

=]

cueballr.

-=CodeGuru=-
0 0

can i pm someone with my php curl code for timed 1, which always say that i took longer than a second. Thanks.

0 0

Run it over a fast connection, and also make sure you run it from your own machine and not from a web hotel etc since that may slow it down.

0 0

You can pm me @ crashbird. =]

cueballr.

0 0

I think all the challenges to be set at 3 seconds. For the first one I used vb.net and it took at least 1 second for the page to load. I just had to keep doing it like 50 times until I was lucky. Nobody's going to be able to do it by hand in under 3 seconds, so increasing the time shouldn't cause any problems.

0 0

Well actually, I'm using greasemonkey.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

I must say I used perl scripts for all the challenges and never had problem with time ( not even in timed 4, where I was encrypting all the passwords after I returned the page ) and I've got shared wifi connection, so the speed ins't exclusive at all…

Banned
0 0

cURL and greasemonkey are both very, very slow. You might want to change your language to something a bit more "grown up". C(++), Python or Perl are probably your best choices.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

PHP + cURL worked fine for me, sometimes just needs a couple of "refreshes" to get it working properly.

0 0

spyware wrote: cURL and greasemonkey are both very, very slow. You might want to change your language to something a bit more "grown up". C(++), Python or Perl are probably your best choices.

Eh, maybe. But the easiest way to achieve it is probably the best and cURL and/or greasemonkey are by far easier.

0 0

system_meltdown wrote: PHP + cURL worked fine for me, sometimes just needs a couple of "refreshes" to get it working properly.

Same for me.