Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Best Way To Do Them

0 0

Since I haven't got any answer about my articles that I submitted almost a week ago. Here is a few tips for the people who have no idea where to start.

First you don't need to use PHP, C#, VB .NET, etc. All you need is javascript knowledge. With firefox you can use the extension that is called GreaseMonkey Script, with this you will be able to execute all the javascript code you want on the loading of the page of your choice.

Just juggle around with the code you want to execute and you'll get them pretty easily.

0 0

ok…

0 0

Arto_8000 wrote: First you don't need to use PHP, C#, VB .NET, etc. All you need is javascript knowledge. With firefox you can use the extension that is called GreaseMonkey Script, with this you will be able to execute all the javascript code you want on the loading of the page of your choice.

Maybe so, but I think they're more fun when you use your language of choice. Unless, of course, your language of choice is Javascript; for that, I shall not say much at all. Still, I'm sure the articles would be interesting to read. I'm thinking about tackling the last two with Python (currently learning), instead of the VB.Net that I used to get the first two.

0 0

Wrong! The best way to do it is grab her (UNWILLINGLY) into the closet, and force her to obey your commands. I'm talking about the computer, guys.

You nasty, perverted, bastards! What were you thinking about.

That's one way of doing them.

0 0

netfish wrote: Wrong! The best way to do it is grab her (UNWILLINGLY) into the closet, and force her to obey your commands. I'm talking about the computer, guys.

Huh? Oh, I thought you were married, too. :p

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: Maybe so, but I think they're more fun when you use your language of choice. Unless, of course, your language of choice is Javascript; for that, I shall not say much at all. Still, I'm sure the articles would be interesting to read. I'm thinking about tackling the last two with Python (currently learning), instead of the VB.Net that I used to get the first two.

My language of choice is javascript … I've been coding in javascript since a long time ago, now I'm more into more advance thing with javascript like AJAX and Game with Canvas.

I just wanted to point that way out, since most of the people point out way that take more time to code and that needed more programming skills/knowledge.

If I have time I'm gonna code a nicer challenge that is harder to complete.

0 0

shrug

I used PHP with cURL, and after a fair amount of help with syntax from several kind community members, I was able to do all four challenges in a very short amount of time.

There is no "best" way to do it. It's possible in any language that allows you to grab HTTP requests and manipulate the data sent back and forth.

I actually find there's nothing more fun then porting the code you've made in one language to another, so like Zephyr said, I might do these again in another language, just for kicks.

0 0

lesserlightsofheaven wrote: shrug

I used PHP with cURL, and after a fair amount of help with syntax from several kind community members, I was able to do all four challenges in a very short amount of time.

There is no "best" way to do it. It's possible in any language that allows you to grab HTTP requests and manipulate the data sent back and forth.

I actually find there's nothing more fun then porting the code you've made in one language to another, so like Zephyr said, I might do these again in another language, just for kicks.

In some way, it's better with my method you don't even have to care about the HTTP protocol and using extension to do the challenge.

The average number of line for these challenge is 5-11 lines per challenge (this doesn't count the non built-in function like base64_decode and md5 pre-calculate data). I doubt you could do the same in any other language.

Anyway, I respect all other method, but I think mine is much easier to realise.

0 0

As LLOH said, there is no "best" way to do it. Every method has its merits and, although your method may result in less module inclusion and fewer lines, it boils down to what is easiest for each person. If someone has a reasonable proficiency in a language, they will naturally find it easier to use that language.

Regardless, I too respect any method and, accordingly, I look forward to seeing your articles.

0 0

I don't believe the article even got accepted I submited it almost a week ago.