Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

What does "Flash Decompiling" mean

0 0

And how do you do it? Errrm, I solved 1 and 2, can't hear the letters in 3 "The password is BLAHBLAH?" The "" represents the letters/numbers I hear, nvm.

What……….. is………… De-compiling….! I have no idea. I have maybe done it but i don't know cause I don't know what it means to do it? I'm using AVS and Sothink and I don't know how to decompile or what it is, and I think that if I get to know what it means to "De-compile" something maybe I can solve 4. I managed to beat the other 2 by just playing around with them in "?Flash Decompilers?" or right on the site. I tried searching on google but I didn't find a good explanation. So I was hoping that someone here could give me some answers. I just felt so stupid trying to finish 4 without even knowing what "Decompiling" means.

I also tried searching in the programs for something like "Click here to decompile this thingie, stuff, flash". And the only thing I found was the "Export Flash" button in Sothink, but it seems it would make it into a flash document workfile thingie. And I don't have macromedia flash anymore. So if that's what I'm missing I'll just have to download it again And please explain flash decompiling for me. :happy:

That's a load of text, thinking it came from me ;)

0 0

De (undo) compile (put together). "De-compiling" is to undo something, basically taking it apart.

0 0

Yeah…… I know what the words mean but i don't know "How" to do that or "When" to do that and what "Happens" when i do that, do i can a workable flash file to open in macromedia flash, do i get 20 little pictures and text files? I have no idea!? And yes, i know "de-" means "undo" like "De-frost" or something like that……..

Bad name for the thread heh :/

Any help regarding what I said above? :(

And yes, i know i have to "Undo" this flash movie/game/gallery into something else, but what!? :wow:

Edit: Thanks for trying to help me ^^

0 0

The Sothink decompiler has the option to "Export FLA". This will create a flash project file from the SWF.

If you then tick the topmost box on the right, and press "Export Resource" it will extract all the resources (like pics and ActionScript and stuff).

You can then edit the files in Flash.

0 0

Crap, I guess I'll have to download Macromedia Flash Again :/

0 0

you did the first two challenges. both the third and fourth challenges are more of stegano than flash. you only need to open the swf to see what dir's it's fetching

on decompiling, any decompiler will attempt to revert your file to a programing language some middle ground between you and machine code or binary file wich is the file in it's final form

olly is a decompiler, and it decompiles to asm, it decompiles files that "talk directly to the machine", flash and java use virtual machines (so they will run on either windows linux or mac«s, for both of them you have decompilers that try to bring the file back to the original code that compiled into it.

so for either java or flash challenges you will essentially solve them like a javascript challenge by reading the actual functions and what they're doing..

sothink is very good for flash and you don't need to install macromedia for anything regarding challenges..

0 0

I've used olly on some app challenges on hts, and i wanted to download macromedia flash anyways. =) I'll try olly on this one too, thx for the hint :happy:

But then again, isn't olly for exe files? :/

And when I export the flash movie into a workable file it seems like it's loading everything from the site, since I can find the text there, but I don't see any password at all.

0 0

There's no need to use anything apart from sothink and your browser for any of the flash challenges.

0 0

I've noticed that now, but I just can't find the password. Like I said it seems that the flash is getting some of the parts in flash from the files, because in the AS I find things like "text/welcome.txt" but I can't find it in any of the directories I got from decompiling it. And when I put that in the URL I come to a blank site showing the text which appears in the flash. Also "track1.mp3" doesn't seem to exist, since I can't hear it or see it. There one thing I will test now, but I don't think it'll work.

0 0

The password for Flash 4 is easy to find… you're just looking too hard. Relax, leave it alone for a little while, then come back to it. You'll find it.

0 0

I'm not really sure where to look, I've looked in the flash movie but it doesn't work because lots of text can't be found, and I don't find anything in the Action Script either. Is it in the AS or am I way off?

0 0

I got it now thanks to meltdown. Man, i visited the password many times :wow: