Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Best Web Design software?

0 0

Guys I have been looking into making myself a website and would like to know what design software I should use. I'm kind of anti micro$oft so I don't really want to use Frontpage and I've heard bad things about online web designers. Any suggestions?

0 0

Dreamweaver + Photoshop/Gimp + Notepad

that's what I use :)

and yeah, stay away from Frontpage

0 0

Photoshop + Text editor, anything else and the code will suck

0 0

fuck dreamweaver

use photoshop for images

and use notepad++ for your code editor

0 0

Code the entire site by hand? Wouldn't it be easier and more practical to just revise the code generated by a program? Is Dreamweaver easy to learn?

0 0

no

code it all by hand

dreamweaver is bullshit

dont use it

0 0

mr hanz wrote: Code the entire site by hand? Wouldn't it be easier and more practical to just revise the code generated by a program? Is Dreamweaver easy to learn?

No, because programs like Dreamweaver produce code that doesn't comply to standards and forces bad habits.

Also, you will know how your page works much more if you code it yourself. You can get a higher understanding of HTML this way as well.

0 0

Yeah, in general you will waste more time correcting generated code than actually coding yourself. Over time you will become more proficient and you will learn more in the process.

0 0

dreamweaver is very retarded. Notepad is the way to go.

or a text editor like notepad.

0 0

sry i disagree i would use dreamweaver, especially if your designing it, you can always code it all yourself in dw if you wanted too.

0 0

Dreamweaver has a preview mode, which makes it much easier to see before hand what your site will look like, which is why I like using it. I try as much as possible to stay away from Dreamweaver's click-and-it-happens functions.

0 0

fuck dreamweaver and all who use it

0 0

Well, I personally don't use Dreamweaver for design, just for the syntax highlighting :/

0 0

sleazoid wrote: fuck dreamweaver and all who use it

lol what is it you have against dreamweaver?

0 0

because its annoying

soo much better stuff

like notepad++

and the whole point and click bullshit is just fucking gay and hurts you in the long run

and oh wow you can preview shit…are you really that fucking lazy that you cant just save it and open it in firefox?

0 0

CyberSpider wrote: lol what is it you have against dreamweaver?

My opinion of dreamweaver is that it is certainly better than Frontpage, and in some cases it can be quicker to do something in Dreamweaver quickly than code it by hand, but you will have little or no idea of how the code is doing what it is doing, and as mentioned earlier, it may not be standards compliant. So, I think dreamweaver is ok for casual site builders, people that just want to get the job done quickly and don't care about the technical aspects.

And if you want code highlighting, just use Notepad ++

0 0

sleazoid wrote: and oh wow you can preview shit…are you really that fucking lazy that you cant just save it and open it in firefox?

Why do that when you can easily preview it? It's not like it's gonna make me a bad coder just because I can preview something quickly.

And like ViralCoder said, it's also useful for the syntax highlighting (both in PHP code and HTML code).

Do hackers/coders always have to do everything the hard way? It's unproductive to have to spend 30 mins rechecking code and saving/opening it agian when Dreamweaver can let your preview it and make it easier to read over the code so you can see where you went wrong.

EDIT: Didn't know at the time I posted this that notepad++ could do syntax highlighting.

0 0

well as i said its better to use dreamweaver if your designing the site more than coding it, but if you are going to be coding the whole site, you might as well just just use notepad++.

0 0

@moonbat

im not saying previewing will make you a bad coder im just saying its not that cool of a feature…

im not gonna use it cause i can fucking preview shit

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Notepad2 owns all.

0 0

system_meltdown wrote: Notepad2 owns all.

no

notepad++ does

0 0

sleazoid wrote: @moonbat

im not saying previewing will make you a bad coder im just saying its not that cool of a feature…

im not gonna use it cause i can fucking preview shit

Lol, well, when I got Dreamweaver, I had never heard of Notepad++. I also had heard good things about it on reviews, and it was free (saved me a few hundred dollars :D)

Never look a warez horse in the mouth. :D

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

sleazoid wrote: [quote]system_meltdown wrote: Notepad2 owns all.

no

notepad++ does[/quote]

I dislike Notepad++, tried using it for a while, but I dispise it.

0 0

whatever dude lol

0 0

Ok from all of the posts so far I have inferred that I should code by hand using notepad++/2. Now for a more specific question: What if I wanted to make a website for a local band? Any suggestions for like embeddable media players or anything else that could be useful?

0 0

VIM ftw….. :D

0 0

only_samurai wrote: VIM ftw….. :D ROFL! I use Dreamweaver.

0 0

only_samurai wrote: VIM ftw….. :D

nuh uh, emacs, lololololol. nah just kidding.

I just use notepad, I used notepad2 for a bit, but then figured I didn't need syntax highlighting. Vim when working on my shell account.

Banned
0 0

Notepad++ for webprogramming + batch.

Tabs, syntax highlighting, some neat options and I like the name.

0 0

vim, nano, emacs, joe…. use those…. :D

0 0

I use Dreamweaver but code almost everything by hand… However, after this post I am downloading notepad++. I just didn't know it had syntax highlighting =\ but now I do :)

Frontpage sucks, and Dreamweaver makes tons of code that is either just unnecessary or does not work in everything. For example, placing a table under a flash object in Dreamweaver makes the table display in line with the object in internet explorer, whereas in Firefox it does right. Just tons of "unexpected features" in Dreamweaver that make it far less efficient than handcoding… and debugging… gah!

Just learn to code!

0 0

Dreamweaver is much better than people in this thread are getting credit for:

*it DOES make w3c compliant code (dig through options you can tell it exactly what you want) *can make templates and stuff to increase efficiency *highlightes, autocorrects *quicker building

it does however tend to generate tons of unnecessary crap.

for the average web developer, dreamweaver is a godsend

for a hacker it will slow you down

0 0

photoshop cs3 ftw, make ur design in PS and use notepad++ for the rest.

0 0

When I said that I use Dreamweaver, I didn't mean that I use it because it contains ready templates, no, but just for syntax highlighting and validating XHTML, writing tags like if i wrote "<center>" and tried to write "</", it makes it complete to "</center>", and that helps me in large pages.

0 0

i use enginsite php editor.it supports perl,sql,css,cURL html,javascript,.and many more… its brilliant.doesnt place rubbish code… customizable highlighting…recognizes functions,vars,etc. with a build in server,that can run php / sql / perl / cURL,and many more. its the best ive ever seen.crap like dreamweaver is way overdone. coffee cup has become kinda crappy too.i just love enginsite editor.

0 0

I use dreamweaver for editing/creating multiple pages because of the 'tabs'.

Notepad2 for everything else, I've never used N++

0 0

To embed media, just use open formats so anyone can read them. Anyway, please don't place any background sound they are quite always annoying. Just place some control so that if anyone wants to hear he can and if he doesn't he isn't forced to . So please no quicktime and no wma.

0 0

The Flash wrote: I use dreamweaver for editing/creating multiple pages because of the 'tabs'.

Notepad2 for everything else, I've never used N++

you should try out N++

it has tabs as well

and alot of plugins to do some pretty cool shit

Python Ninja
0 0

vim.

EOF

<edit>

VIM + GNU screen (tabbed biatch!)

</edit>