Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

PHPnuke/Fusion

0 0

ok so i've been looking at PHPnuke and PHP-Fusion to start a website. i know someone who uses phpnuke and it seems pretty cool. but whats better fusion or nuke? whats the difference i cant find any. i noticed they look abit different but thats about it.

Thanks.

0 0

Well, the best thing is to try them both. HBH fusion is a lot different than the standard PHP fusion.

I am not sure about php nuke. I think you should install them both.

Note to admins: GIMME MY 5 CP'S!!!

[]EDIT: NO. DON'T GIVE ME MY 5 CP'S BECAUSE 20 CP'S SUITS MY PROFILE!!!

0 0

PHPnuke is much more secure overall. So if you need to choose between the two go with that as well as the fact that you would be criticized to no end if you used php-fusion (dmz…). As for my opinion, I'd say code your own, but if you don't feel you php skills are quite good enough, put up nuke until you can.

0 0

hey, i was looking at the same issue a while back. i decided to go with neither. i dont know if you have already looked, but opensourcecms.com is fantastic. it lists and gives front end AND back end demos of every cms. in the end, i chose jupiter, although it has a few vulnerabilities, it is VERY easy to set up and use and looks awesome (and is only about 2 or 3mb). good luck finding one.

0 0

thanks!

i've looked at the opensourceCMS and it helped alot. dident like most of them though but i think its a tough choice between fusion, nuke and jupiter

i was thinking about useing fusion and trying to patch it as much as possible. or just going with jupiter because its more secure as you said and it looks better.

@Atrcomb - i would love to code my own but unfortunatly my php skills arent very good yet lol but thanks!.

0 0

PHPNuke doesn't get patched or updated as regularly as Fusion.

I recommend you use PHP Fusion as you can modify and manage it alot easier. And if you put the effort in to check new patches etc then it will be as secure your going to get.

0 0

PHP-Nuke and fusion both have their flaws, but depending on your site type (genre), you may consider going with more or less security since of course you are using a public and opensource CMS.

Security:

PHP-Fusion: is notorious for its XSS, and XSRF vulnerabilities, but good news is that the Fusion developers are ready to patch those in most cases over night (which doesn't help you if you have been hacked).

PHP-Nuke: Has Several Private SQL injection exploits I know of, not that I will ever release them, I am not that stupid, but if they were released you have a long time ahead of you before the nuke staff gets off their ass and patches the public version, private versions are usually patched over night.

Jupiter: Good CMS, but it does have Some XSS, and last time I checked LFI vulnerabilities that make its security issues a little lacking, but still better than the Nuke security by a long shot.

Graphics:

Fusion: Graphics aren't as good as they could be, alot of the templates look dull, but they can be edited if you feel like spending some time one them

Nuke: Graphics are suburb, the layouts you can get are amazing, and the hackers that will get into your insecure site will probably think so too.

Jupiter: Good graphics, they really did a good job with the CMS, I would go with this choice, but it is hard to remove the powered by logo without the host dropping your DB remotely… also you might want to remove that.

0 0

Thanks for your help i've now decided to go with jupiter :D

just 1 slight problem when i create a new page in the navigation and then add this page to the modules all the text seems to be bunched on the right hand side, i've tried aligning it to the left or centering it but its not working

Dont worry now i know where i was going wrong, thanks

0 0

good luck with it. the new release of jupiter is coming out soon, although they havnt said a specific time, its when its ready. anyway, the new one looks really good so there is something to look forward to.

0 0

ye i had a look at the 1.1.6 seems good. anyway, thanks for the help.