Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

html/css guestbook

0 0

can some one send me a css/html guestbook how can show me how to make one like step by step .

0 0

I'm not sure if it's there, but check HellBoundHackers.org > Learn > Code Bank , then look around for the guest book you want.

0 0

You can't create a guestbook with only css and html, you would need some form of Server side backing PHP, ASP, Ruby

I would recommend PHP although Ruby on Rails is amazing

0 0

oooo all I have is WAMP5

0 0

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be possible to make a guestbook with AJAX, since AJAX can communicate with the server?

0 0

ROFL,

Yes, but AJAX would need to communicate with a script like PHP, ASP etc

0 0

Actually, I saw a guest book done all in javascript. I forget how it worked, but it was pretty crazy. At least, I think I remember a javascript guest book :/ I'm tiered… not a good idea to try to think i guess lol.

0 0

I think you must have remembered wrong. There is absolutely no way that a client side language could write to a webserver and therefore store data for a guestbook

0 0

regit wrote: Actually, I saw a guest book done all in javascript. I forget how it worked, but it was pretty crazy. At least, I think I remember a javascript guest book :/ I'm tiered… not a good idea to try to think i guess lol. You can include heaploads of javascript in a guestbook and just make the server do simple read/write-operations, but you still need a serverside script to handle some of it.

0 0

Had I not already said that?

0 0

Mozzer, Mozzer, Mozzer! haha.

0 0

vince2478 wrote: oooo all I have is WAMP5

i believe that php comes with that make a file called guestbook.txt, CHMOD it to 777 then use this:

$post = htmlentities($_POST["post"]);
$name = htmlentities($_POST["Name"]);
if ($post=="" && $Name=="")
echo "";
else
$filewrite = @fopen("guestbook.txt","a");
@fwrite($filewrite, "<html><body>Name: $Name<br>");
@fwrite($filewrite, " Post: $post<br></body></html>");
@fclose($filewrite);
?>```