Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Question about Web development.

0 0
 Hey guys, just a quick question for those in the field of developing websites. I've been looking at ideas for a simple side buisiness to start up lately and thought since I'm already fairly familiar with coding languages such as HTML5, CSS, JS, and PHP, that I might be able to try my hand at web development.

My only concern is, with it being so easy to outsource website development to nations like India, along with the fact that buisiness owners can buy other tools for web development (making it exceedingly easy to make a simple site), which would make the majority of my skills obsolete.

So to get to my question: is there actually any buisiness left in web development? Or should I look elsewhere? 

(I know my question is a little vague, and probably also depends on where I live, etc. I just want to get a general idea about the market).

:(
80 120

I have a friend making $50/hr at an internship doing web development at a big company so… yes, there's definitely still money to be made in it. If you're lucky. And (really) good. You can outsource any job to anywhere for cheaper- web development isn't any different.

0 0

Futility wrote: I have a friend making $50/hr at an internship doing web development at a big company so… yes, there's definitely still money to be made in it. If you're lucky. And (really) good. You can outsource any job to anywhere for cheaper- web development isn't any different.

Thanks for the quick response mate.

Though ya, I wouldn't say I'm awesome at web development (I have just gotten back into the programming world after years of not even going near it) but I'm not bad either, but an internship would most likely be out of my league lol (I'd be free lancing if I did try my hand at it).

Like I said though, just going through a list of ideas, seeing which ones could actually make me any money, and if web development doesn't pan out maybe theres something else that will -my wallet's got a few moths flying around it lately haha.

:(
80 120

Freelancing, from what I heard, tends to be kind of rough. Since the barriers for entry are so low people tend to start selling themselves for waaaaay lower than they're worth to compete with the saturated market. it's disgusting, really, but until you've got a bit of a portfolio going for you I don't think there would be much of a choice.

To me, it's not really worth it. I'm more interested in the programming than the art.

0 1

If you decide to try freelancing, do NOT go to freelancer.com. I did one project there.. the guy I worked for was pretty awesome and was willing to pay me a good deal. The problem is that all the payments go through the freelancer website. They make you send in a copy of your ID, a picture of you holding your ID and a certain code they provide, and you have to send in two bills or bank statements. Pretty much all the personal information you never want to give out they ask for.

Long story short, don't go through freelancer.com.

0 0

jmort47 wrote: If you decide to try freelancing, do NOT go to freelancer.com. I did one project there.. the guy I worked for was pretty awesome and was willing to pay me a good deal. The problem is that all the payments go through the freelancer website. They make you send in a copy of your ID, a picture of you holding your ID and a certain code they provide, and you have to send in two bills or bank statements. Pretty much all the personal information you never want to give out they ask for.

Long story short, don't go through freelancer.com.

Thanks for the heads up mate, never really thought of using one of those sites to be honest, but now I hear that, it pretty much crosses that possibility off my list lol. I also heard that sites like that tend to force you to lower your rate because of the competition from guys willing to work for cheap lol.