Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Apostrophe replaced by square

0 0

I am working on a website for a competition. For some reason when I use an Apostrophe, as in "Welcome to the Minico TSA Chapter's homepage" it is replaced with a square. I have tried a few escape sequences, but it is still a square. The really weird part is that it is only a sqaure when returned by the AJAX, but if I visit the source page, then it is an apostraphe. The browser is IE 8 on windows 7.

Does anyone know how to make this work? Thanks wired_al

0 1

it'll most likely be your character encoding your using on the site.

try changing it to UTF-8

0 0

Have you tried switching to some other codification such as UTF-8?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

chess_rock wrote: codification

What?

0 0

Use the HTML entity instead of the apostrophe. That would be & rsquo; (without the space between the ampersand and the "rsquo;" part).

The Manager
0 0

If you copied the words from a program like MS-Word there lies your problem. These programs use the stylized versions of the " and ' symbols. To be 100% certain there are no problems ensure the change all " and ' into the HTML code of them.

0 0

stealth- wrote: [quote]chess_rock wrote: codification

What?[/quote]

I think chess_rock, if I am not mistaken speaks Spanish or Portuguese as his first language, in Spanish they would probably say "codificación del documento" document encoding (literally it's encoding of the document). I imagine it's something similar in Portuguese.

Jim,

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Ah, damn, and here I thought I was mocking his spontaneous creation of words.