Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

PHP comment system that doesn't require mySQL

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Hi,

I'm working on a website on mine (stealth-x.com), and before I go around uploading the rest of the site i'd like to include a comment system. However, due to hosting restrictions, mySQL isn't running on the server. I know it should be possible to use a PHP comment system that runs off of text files, but I havn't the time to learn PHP right now, and I couldn't find anything of use from google. If anyone knows any project like this, and could point it out, that would be awesome :)

0 1

you'll want to learn these php functions.

fwrite fread fopen feof

that should do it.

0 0

stealth- wrote: but I havn't the time to learn PHP right now Then how are you making a website :whoa:

0 0

ranma wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: but I havn't the time to learn PHP right now Then how are you making a website :whoa:[/quote]

Its called X/HTML + CSS. :p . You don't HAVE to use php for a web site unless you want it to be more dynamic. I would suggest for this thought that you DO just buck it up and learn some PHP. Its not that hard and shouldn't take a WHOLE lot of time to get the hang of. Plus it'll give you a better background to move onto to making more dynamic web apps.

0 0

S1L3NTKn1GhT wrote: [quote]ranma wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: but I havn't the time to learn PHP right now Then how are you making a website :whoa:[/quote]

Its called X/HTML + CSS. :p . You don't HAVE to use php for a web site unless you want it to be more dynamic. I would suggest for this thought that you DO just buck it up and learn some PHP. Its not that hard and shouldn't take a WHOLE lot of time to get the hang of. Plus it'll give you a better background to move onto to making more dynamic web apps.[/quote]

I stopped considering javascript-less and server-side-less websites as "making a website". I don't know why… I sorta forgot there's also plain websites. Makes me shiver

0 0

ranma wrote: [quote]S1L3NTKn1GhT wrote: [quote]ranma wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: but I havn't the time to learn PHP right now Then how are you making a website :whoa:[/quote]

Its called X/HTML + CSS. :p . You don't HAVE to use php for a web site unless you want it to be more dynamic. I would suggest for this thought that you DO just buck it up and learn some PHP. Its not that hard and shouldn't take a WHOLE lot of time to get the hang of. Plus it'll give you a better background to move onto to making more dynamic web apps.[/quote]

I stopped considering javascript-less and server-side-less websites as "making a website". I don't know why… I sorta forgot there's also plain websites. Makes me shiver[/quote]

Why? Theres alot of REALLY cool and still quite dynamic as far as interactive, galleries etc. Google around for freelance web designers and you'll find some pretty cool designs that use merely CSS,HTML, AJAX scripting. For personal sites its really not much of a requirement to use PHP.

0 0

Lol. I don't think you can easily finish those two languages. They can go quite in-depth. But sure, whatever.