Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Table in Tables Issues

755 14

hey, im trying to get a table to sit inside a longer table (vertically) however it sits in the middle how do i get it to sit at the very top?

this is the code

<table width="150" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td bgcolor="054ff"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <th scope="row"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <th scope="row"><a href="Index.php"><span class="style2">Home</span></a></th> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row"><span class="style2">Forums</span></th> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row"><span class="style2"><a href="Verses.html">Verses</a></span></th> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row"><span class="style2">Link1</span></th> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row"><span class="style2">Link2</span></th> </tr> </table></th> </tr> </table> </td>

Banned
0 0

HTML: INFORMATION CSS: LAYOUT

DIVIDE.

FOR THE INTERNET.

755 14

yeh hi… could your repeat that in a constructed sentence?

Banned
0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: yeh hi… could your repeat that in a constructed sentence?

Read it again and interpret my post as a constructed sentence, why should I do all the hard work?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Man, your code is so ugly. You've even got an extra table mixed in there that has no use and doesn't get terminated. I took the liberty of fixing it up a bit for you:

&lt;tr valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;
&lt;td bgcolor=&quot;054ff&quot;&gt;
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot;&gt;
  &lt;tr&gt;
  &lt;th scope=&quot;row&quot;&gt;
  &lt;tr&gt;
    &lt;th scope=&quot;row&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;Index.php&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;style2&quot;&gt;Home&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/th&gt;
  &lt;/tr&gt;
  &lt;tr&gt;
    &lt;th scope=&quot;row&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;style2&quot;&gt;Forums&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/th&gt;
  &lt;/tr&gt;
  &lt;tr&gt;
   &lt;th scope=&quot;row&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;style2&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;Verses.html&quot;&gt;Verses&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/th&gt;
  &lt;/tr&gt;
  &lt;tr&gt;
    &lt;th scope=&quot;row&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;style2&quot;&gt;Link1&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/th&gt;
  &lt;/tr&gt;
  &lt;tr&gt;
    &lt;th scope=&quot;row&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;style2&quot;&gt;Link2&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/th&gt;
  &lt;/tr&gt;
  &lt;/th&gt;
  &lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt; ```

For the future, tabbing makes things much more readable. 

755 14

yeh still don't get it, what meaning are you giving to divide? and am i dividing css from html or interenet from html and css. or are you meaning divide as in a 'a great gap' and saything that the internet is very far away from css and html? or are they 3 completly different ideas judging by where the full stops are put in. but as a whole how does this help me?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: yeh still don't get it, what meaning are you giving to divide? and am i dividing css from html or interenet from html and css. He's saying to use css for layout and html for content. Divide those into two separate things.

And you should read: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_DIV.asp

755 14

while your on a roll….

<td bordercolor="00066" bgcolor="033CC"><p align="center" class="style1"><?php include"random.php";?></p> </td>

how come my php text isnt white and centered?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: while your on a roll….

<td bordercolor="00066" bgcolor="033CC"><p align="center" class="style1"><?php include"random.php";?></p> </td>

how come my php text isnt white and centered? I don't know what it says in your random.php file, but your code you showed there doesn't say anything about the text color. Also, the text is centered, but it's centered in the table, not the page.

755 14

do you have msn? i could show you on that.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: do you have msn? i could show you on that. ynori7 on yahoo.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: i don't have it :( Yahoo and MSN can talk to each other. But if you can't figure it out, I'm also on the IRC right now.

755 14

how do i get IRC working? also what side does the script to make the php in the center of the box go on? server side or index side? can i just use html/css tags or are there php tags?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: how do i get IRC working? You need to make an exception in your browser. Don't know about chrome or FF, but in IE you just click on the little security notice at the top of the window and say "allow blocked content".

also what side does the script to make the php in the center of the box go on? server side or index side? If you're referring to the align="center" attribute, or the center tags, then they can be on either side.

can i just use html/css tags or are there php tags? Give me an example of a php tag besides <?php and ?>. I'm curious.

755 14

<p align="center" class="style1"><?php include"random_quote.php";?></p>

why doesn't that sit in the center of the textbox?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

It should. Here's the test I ran:

&lt;html&gt;
&lt;p align=&quot;center&quot; class=&quot;style1&quot;&gt;
&lt;?php
  include(&quot;test1.php&quot;);
?&gt;
&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;```
```markuptest1.php:
&lt;?php 
  echo &quot;&lt;HTML&gt;test&lt;/HTML&gt;&quot;;
?&gt;

755 14

it sits vertically central but not horizontally this is the whole text box.

<table width="100%" height="20" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#EFEFEF"> <tr> <td bordercolor="00066" bgcolor="033CC"><p align="center" class="style1"><?php include"random_quote.php";?></p> </td> </tr> </table>

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: it sits vertically central but not horizontally this is the whole text box.

What do you mean vertically central? The table is just one row and one column.

And mine was horizontally centered. I replaced your php file in the include with the test1.php I used earlier. So unless something in your included file is interfering, it should work.