Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

CSS question

0 0

Hey whats up everyone. I'm relatively new to the whole css thing and I have a couple questions about it.

First, I'm trying to make a div with a white background opaque by using: filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; It works, but it also makes everything else in the div opaque. How would I keep the font, inputs, or anything else that I may have in that div from becoming opaque? So basically the only thing I want opaque is the background color…not anything else in the div. I though that maybe this would fix it: .opaque { background-color:white; filter:alpha(opacity=60); opacity:0.6; } .another_div_inside_the_opaque_div { filter:alpha(opacity=100); opacity:1; } but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Last thing- I was looking at the source of the main page for hbh and I saw that tables were used to make the Navigation, Main Area, and Login columns. I basically want to do the same thing, but by using divs.

I set divs left and right fixed to 200 pixels, but I want to set the center div with a percentage so that it will resize accordingly to the viewer's monitor size. Basically, here is the code I'm using:

body
{
text-align:center;
}
.main
{
position:absolute;
left:23.5%;
width:50%;
height:500px;
}

.left
{
float:left;
width:200px;
}

.right
{
float:right;
width:200px;
}

I'm trying to center the main div by using left:23.5% and setting the width with width:50%. The problem is that the main div will overlap the other divs depending on the size of the monitor that I'm viewing the page with. Would you recommend that I just use tables, or can you think of a fix? urgh css is a pain. thanks in advance