Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Random Productions

Retired
10 0

http://rpwd.org/ is the site.

I am looking for any comments, suggestions, or ideas from anyone and everyone. Thanks for your time.

(It is only a home page for now)

UPDATES SO FAR: Page load system Favicon banner Footer hover links new bullets HTML 4 Valid

0 0

Render your banner better, pieces of blue here and there on the buildings (which I am sure you noticed. If you cant figure it out, ask someone else to do it for you).

Too business-like. Its obvious bullshit, so why be a 'suit' about it? Rhetorical question….

The pop-up thing was agitating. If you have quotes of people saying its such a wonderful site then why the fuck cant you afford to buy hosting without pop-ups. Coming back to the bullshit statement….

Layout seems fine, still, back to the 'suit' statement.

Retired
10 0

Ok, Thanks K_I_N_G. The banner is updated. The popup is a one time only thing. You will never see it again.

0 0

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /hosted/domains/r/p/rpwd.org/public_html/index.php on line 29

Error….

Good job so far….

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

On topic:

Yeah the sites looking pretty damn good .

Off topic :

I'd just like to wish you guys all the best in your new 'relationship' . :|

Retired
10 0

Banner is no longer blocky, moshbat is helping me, and the error is fixed, thanks to him.

Banned
0 0

Wow. That's ugly.

0 0

Your HTML isn't valid.

Retired
10 0

Thanks for letting me know. It's HTML 4.01 Strict valid now. Anything else anyone can think of?

0 0

mastergamer wrote: Your HTML isn't valid.

What do you mean? Was he using an old html version that doesn't fit with the W3C standards? I didn't get the chance to see the code before…

0 0

By the way, the hyperlinks and the bullets sucks… :angry:

0 0

454447415244 wrote: [quote]mastergamer wrote: Your HTML isn't valid.

What do you mean? Was he using an old html version that doesn't fit with the W3C standards? I didn't get the chance to see the code before…[/quote]

The DOCTYPE was declaring the page as HTML 4.01 Strict, but the W3 validator found it was invalid.

Retired
10 0

Ok, got it cleared up.

Any other suggestions?

0 0

Is that testimonial real? If so, you might consider giving a name and linking to the site. It needs content.

0 0

First of all, get rid o the horizontal scrollbar in the testimonials. Second, the site give's an impression of 'professional' but the popup says otherwise. Third, the grey box under the menu isn't… that good really, little border on it i think or something, and the blue color is hideous.

Otherwise, good job!

Oh, and the pages doesn't load either.

Retired
10 0

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely be getting these details ironed out today.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

If you want to succeed in web development and web design, you'll want to stick with the W3C standards.

None of this HTML 4 bullshit; we're not in the 80s.

XHTML 1.0 Strict, or XHTML 1.1 Strict on my internet please.

application/xhtml+xml > text/html, end of.

Retired
10 0

Will do. I plan on making it compliant when I get home.

0 0

What's "Random" about it? Make it unique, make it interesting. Stand out from the crowd. Dare to be different.

Also, it doesn't matter that your site is w3c compliant if it looks like shit. The average customer won't care much about the underlying code behind your site, they just want sites produced that look good and deliver content to their users.

0 0

yeah, how about something like "Professional Productions"

design something… don't just aim for functional. Make a good looking menu for navigating. Use colors that are clear and contrast with each other, but don't clash. If "functional" is the goal, use borders, and make it neat.

for this kind of site, you probably should have your contact info on the home page. You can always have an "about me" page somewhere else.

On a side note, your sig is rather abstract/tacky too.

EDIT: And get rid of those ads. I mean, unless you really think your potential customers would like a free pair of ugg boots and a fake virus scan.

Admin from hell
0 0

system_meltdown wrote:
XHTML 1.0 Strict, or XHTML 1.1 Strict on my internet please. application/xhtml+xml > text/html, end of

Amen brother, The layout isn't bad but the colors got to go hurts my eyes, I agree with maug random sounds just as it is "random" I actually liked professional productions or custom productions something on that line. Get rid of the pop-up shit too, Real turn-off for customers.

Retired
10 0

The ads are a one time thing. Once I get the site completely up and running, I will pay for my hosting, and no longer have that ad. As far as the colors, I am making a new color scheme now.

0 0

Hmm, perhaps a bit harsh on the criticism but agreed on this end.

Once you get the layout fixed up, you should consider some Javascript. Making it interesting can be done with html/php but it'll take alot longer. Javascript should be able to give you that 'special site' feel.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

K_I_N_G wrote: Hmm, perhaps a bit harsh on the criticism but agreed on this end.

Once you get the layout fixed up, you should consider some Javascript. Making it interesting can be done with html/php but it'll take alot longer. Javascript should be able to give you that 'special site' feel.

javascript is cool, but do not use it for anything that directly affects the functionality of the site, there still will be group of people looking at your site with JavaScript off, and I think you still can get much more from css. Which also reminds me that the css access script seems little useless:) Other then that, well the banner look kinda…random…:D and I'd play around more with fonts and colours. Lastly the logo seems little without idea, try something more original (and one more little thing, your favicon and the actual logo aren't exactly the same) Oh and also for the testimonials, I'd either have them randomly generated for the page, or have link to all of them, but not both Just my 2 cents

Banned
0 0

**K_I_N_G wrote:**Once you get the layout fixed up, you should consider some Javascript. Making it interesting can be done with html/php but it'll take alot longer. Javascript should be able to give you that 'special site' feel.

Perhaps you should shut up and stop commenting on webdev work until you actually have something worthwhile to contribute.

Retired
10 0

clone4 wrote: well the banner look kinda…random…:D

I am going to make a new banner soon. Right now I'm getting the CSS validated. Speaking of, if anyone can help with this please let me know. I am getting some DOCTYPE error in it.

clone4 wrote: I'd play around more with fonts and colours.

I am making a system that will let you change the color scheme. Kinda like the one here.

clone4 wrote: Lastly the logo seems little without idea, try something more original (and one more little thing, your favicon and the actual logo aren't exactly the same) That's because it's not the final. I am going to make a new one of these too.

clone4 wrote: Oh and also for the testimonials, I'd either have them randomly generated for the page, or have link to all of them, but not both Just my 2 cents I can see where your coming from. I like the idea, so I will probably just have a random one appear.

Also, it is now XHTML valid, and soon to be CSS valid. Next on the list is graphics.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

yours31f wrote: Also, it is now XHTML valid, and soon to be CSS valid. Next on the list is graphics.

Sweet, if you need hand with graphics, you can give me a pm, some time ago I've been doing quite a lot in PS, and recently I started yo brush up on PS again, specifically for websites…

And I may be way for this one, but I think you don't need doctype for css in order to pass the validation… At least on my website I didn't get any error when validating css, and I had just raw styles nothing else

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Your CSS doesn't need a DOCTYPE.

So: <!– <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN">

–>

Doesn't need to be there.

Retired
10 0

Ok, thanks. Got a new banner, What do you think of it so far?

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: Ok, thanks. Got a new banner, What do you think of it so far?

1. Who's the guy in the banner?
  2. Where's your soul?
  3. WHO, THE FUCK, ARE YOU?

Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding

Retired
10 0

spyware wrote:

1. Who's the guy in the banner? A guy in a business suit. I would take one of me, but I don't have a suit.

spyware wrote:

1. Where's your soul? What do you mean?

spyware wrote:

1. WHO, THE FUCK, ARE YOU? What do you want to know?

spyware wrote: Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding Personal branding

So …

Establish yours31f as an expert in your chosen field. Build a solid reputation within your industry. Increase your notoriety and improve your perceived value in the marketplace.

basically this is what you meant?

Retired
10 0

Well, I think it's up. I am looking for anyone willing to pen test. Please PM any exploits to me. (I don't think there are any). Oh, and before I forget, the Form is emailed, so please don't mess with the form too much. Any more ideas for the site are welcomed too.

0 0

I submit a motion to REMOVE THE DEUCHEBAG from the banner. who's with me?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]yours31f wrote: Well, I think it's up. I am looking for anyone willing to pen test. Please PM any exploits to me. (I don't think there are any). Oh, and before I forget, the Form is emailed, so please don't mess with the form too much. Any more ideas for the site are welcomed too. Form… Emailed… Interesting.[/quote]

from lolhaxlol@hax.com to Christian Spencer <yours31f@yahoo.com> date Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:06 AM subject New Request fromlol mailed-by rpwd.org

hide details 8:06 AM (8 hours ago)

First Name: lol Last Name: hax Phone: 123 E-mail: Project: hax Time: lol Extra: hax

Lol, email header injection ftw.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

I hope you're billing him for that system .:p

Retired
10 0

The email injection will be fixed when I get home.

function is_email($text)
{
 return preg_match(&quot;/^[A-Z0-9&#92;._%-]+@[A-Z0-9&#92;.-]+&#92;.[A-Z]{2,4}$/i&quot;, $text);
} 

I think that should stop it.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

Folk Theory wrote: I submit a motion to REMOVE THE DEUCHEBAG from the banner. who's with me?

I promised to try and make a new one:)

however as the half term finished, and lets be honest nobody does anything college related over the break:) I've got some catching up to do… This doesn't mean I won't try and do it, so the suit guy (lets call him norman) should disappear, it just might take a little longer, then it normally takes to make a better banner

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

rex_mundi wrote: I hope you're billing him for that system .:p

Hah, I should do really :p

Retired
10 0

Thanks for that mosh, but um, ya I had to put it back…

rpwd.org/images/pikachu.png

thats the banner mosh made.