Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Code Bank

0 0

Hello everyone at HBH. I have a simple question, if a website was created solely for use as a code bank, would you use it? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

0 0

You mean like a pastebin? I'd use it, but it wouldn't be one of those everyday things…

Banned
0 0

No.

0 0

I would, if only there is a section for discussions, comments, and, you know, other supplements.

Retired
10 0

It would solely depend on a few details.

1. Ease of use
  2. Simplicity
  3. Comments / bug report
  4. When it would be ready

If you could get those, then I would definitely use it.

0 0

Probably only if I wanted to code something and didn't know where to begin. Then I would perhaps search this 'code bank' if there was any piece of code that could give me an idea on how to approach my problem. However, these websites already exist (for example: hotscripts.com) so I probably wouldn't need another site. (Unless it focuses on different languages of course.) In every other case, my answer is going to be very short: no.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

yep it's no for me as well, firstly where would you get people to post there, secondly what new would you offer from other already established sites, thirdly how would you moderate the content so you don't have millions of 'hello world' programs etc. Don't re-invent the wheel, come up with something new :) (i know easier said then done):)

0 0

I've thought about something similar, except for it'd be like a website which held programmer's portfolios of code. Not a bad idea.

Satan > God
0 0

slpctrl wrote: I've thought about something similar, except for it'd be like a website which held programmer's portfolios of code. Not a bad idea.

This could be good if done right, it could allow people to show their skills, make a portfolio, and maybe even go towards linking C.V's and use it as a job finder in the programming industry….

If its needed, simple enough for any user, and advertised right… Any website has a chance at succeding.

0 0

K3174N 420 wrote: [quote]slpctrl wrote: I've thought about something similar, except for it'd be like a website which held programmer's portfolios of code. Not a bad idea.

This could be good if done right, it could allow people to show their skills, make a portfolio, and maybe even go towards linking C.V's and use it as a job finder in the programming industry….

If its needed, simple enough for any user, and advertised right… Any website has a chance at succeding.[/quote]

I think it's a great idea; there are tons of sites out there for art portfolios, but very few (I haven't really found any) for a programmers portfolio. It could showcase your code with proper syntax etc.

0 0

There are a ton of webs sites that have been devoloped for coder profiles. try www.coderprofile.com

lol

0 0

moshbat wrote: [quote]ShadyTyrant wrote: There are a ton of webs sites that have been devoloped for coder profiles. try www.coderprofile.com

lol The humour is escaping me there.[/quote]

reinventing the wheel.

0 0

maug wrote: reinventing the wheel. Nobody's reinventing the wheel, they're simply making backups.

moshbat wrote: No, really, I can't see why he added "lol". There's nothing funny at all. Unless you count "devoloped"… I think the humour is supposed to lie in the fact that people were talking about being virtually unable to find a place that has portfolios for coders, then he came along and phrased it differently (devoloped for coder profiles) and the name he then linked was apparently real easy to find since the name matched the description almost entirely. So it's funny that people couldn't find something so obvious, but other than that, no idea.

0 0

Sorry about the spelling, but what I found funny is that you could not find a portfolio for coders, yet the sites name is coderprofile. It just amused me a bit. Not really enough for a lol but I gave you one anyways.

:(
80 120

ShadyTyrant wrote: Sorry about the spelling, but what I found funny is that you could not find a portfolio for coders, yet the sites name is coderprofile. It just amused me a bit. Not really enough for a lol but I gave you one anyways. lol