Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Starting out in web design

0 0

Hey, I'm looking to start in web design, I'm willing to read, a lot, but only if it is decent information, ive googled it and there's thousands of tutorials some good, most crap, what i would like to know is what are the recommended guides for beginners?

Satan > God
0 0

www.w3schools.com has 99% of the stuff your gonna need to start wesite design's

Whats a specific area your struggling on?

0 0

Yeah you need to be a bit more specific, what is the area you need help in. Do you need help with the actual design side of it, if so you should look up some photoshop and CSS tutorials, that will help you immensly.

If you are going for the development side of the websites then you should learn PHP, Javascript, Ajax, HTML….etc.

As keiran pointed out w3schools.com has 99% of things you need to start learning.

Retired
10 0

Here is the order I would go in.

1. draw the site you want to make. (on paper)
  2. learn XHTML from w3schools
  3. Learn CSS from w3schools
  4. learn php from w3schools
  5. Get familiar with photoshop. It will help you in the long run.
  6. Read zephyrs tutorial about reusable XHTML, (it will save you alot of time)
  7. attempt to create your site
  8. post it and make it better
  9. Practice
  10. learn more

And dont forget to repeat steps 9-10 forever.

0 0

yours31f wrote: And dont forget to repeat steps 9-10 forever.

Lol! Why so serious?

0 0

@moshbat: Yeah, You are right. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist posting it. :)

0 0

kiyoura wrote: P.S. (Something i learned from Zephyr_Pure; when designing a website, draw it first (sections, divs, tables, etc…) then do it.
Works wonders for MySQL DB design if you write out the tables and fields, too; efficient as all hell.

Back on-topic, you could also check out how to design basic 2 and 3 column site layouts using divs and CSS. Specifically, the "float" and "clear" properties in CSS. Once you get those and relative/absolute positioning down, you'll find it much easier to design structured and beautiful layouts. Don't be afraid of nested divs… you only go to Hell if you use nested tables. :)

0 0

You should also learn a decent IDE, once you get into upper level concepts it'll save your life. I personally like light weight IDE's, but it would probably be helpful if you use a bigger tool sweet, such as can't believe im saying it** dreamweaver. on windows if on linux check the package manager, theres an abundance. =x

0 0

What also helped me was to look through a few webtemplates. So you start to realize how to structure your webpage. But you have to learn programming a using some design programms.

And like yours31f already said always learn more! You will never know everything!

Greetz Nopax