Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Can't access my external IP on port 80

0 0

I forwarded port 80 apache web server 2.2 is running apache service started i can access localhost and my internal 192.168.1.47 but not my External and if your wondering i logged in and all the challenges i had done reset -.- thats why i have 15 points out of like 800 i used to have..

0 0

it is.

0 0

anarchyjames wrote: …and if your wondering i logged in and all the challenges i had done reset -.- thats why i have 15 points out of like 800 i used to have..

No, I'm not wondering, nor do I care.

So is there anything else between your computer and the WAN that we need to know about? Are you SURE you have instructed apache to "Listen 80" in whatever configuration file your version uses? If you have some sort of antivirus protection, have you disabled it? Does your router allow both INCOMING and OUTGOING connections on the port you've specified?

I would really target your router here, make absolutely sure you've forwarded to the correct local address and that your router has no other silly functions to make it more difficult for you to do what you want to do.

0 0

No, it's not, because it installs a ton of things you don't need and won't fix his problem. Take this one step at a time.

Networking -> Web Server -> Web Language/CGI -> Database (Optional)

0 0

I dont have a router :P yes its listening to 80 in he apache config I don't know how to check if my DSL modem is alowing inbound/outbound or w/e

0 0

Control outbound traffic initiated from within the local network. Inbound traffic may be controlled by configuring Port Forwarding.

High Blocks all outgoing traffic except Mail, News, Web, FTP, and IPSEC

Medium Same as high, end user can set custom rules through NAT configuration.

Low Only known security holes are protected

[X]None All traffic is allowed (Currently selected)

Custom

[Customize settings[ [Edit custom settings]

Remote Logging

Enable: [ ] (not enabled) Remote IP Address: 192.168.1.47

Also if it helps im running an FTP aswell which others can access externally

0 0

Bump:right:

Python Ninja
0 0

You're all clowns.

Go get a proxy, then try.

Your router will be getting confuzzled, see that would be traffic heading to itself, (NAT is a cunt)

Then it doesn't know where to forward it.

Just get a proxy and test it again.

0 0

What do you mean by using a proxy exactly?

masking IP would still have to access the original which is still blocked would it not?

hmm person -> mask:80 -> your_ip:1234 might work but how would i do that?

PS:

Caity says: but then I came back and pwnt him at tetris.

Banned
0 0

Post a screenshot of your forwarded port 80 thingy, the router page.

0 0

And No the firewall is DISABLED

0 0

Forget about the thread eh?

Banned
0 0

Well, kinda :P

Try forwarding port 678 and run HTTP on that. See if it works, maybe something else than your firewall is interfering with that particular port, it's a long shot, but there's a slim chance it could work.

Python Ninja
0 0

Fuck, heaven forbid you listen to my advice.

I told you how to cure this.

But no, don't fucking listen to me, what does a network analyst know about routing.

0 0

Well, I think he didn't quite understand what you said. (I know, it wasn't that hard.)

Let's put it this way: Ask a friend to try to view the site, see if it works.

0 0

I have tried having ym friends view the site on there side.. and rich..

I don;t know what you mean abotu using do you want me to use my PC as a rpoxy server or what..?