Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

automatically set a website as the homepage?

0 0

is it possible to automatically set a website as the homepage from the website itself?

0 0

yes, though most browsers' security settings disable it. Not quite sure how, google it. Probably done through a common scripting language like javascript or php, though.

0 0

well in some websites cant you click a button on the website and have it set as the home page…this would mean that the user has to confirm it….well just make a little pop-up saying something stupid and put some script in it so it will make it the home page heehee….so deceitful :evil:

0 0

lol u could totally fuck someone over this way.

0 0

haha, that's just plain evil! i love the idea, and i'll look into it

0 0

A simple 'Set as homepage' link ;)

markup<a href="#" onclick="this.style.behavior = 'url(#default#homepage)'; this.setHomePage('http://www.example.com');">Set as Homepage</a>

...Legend?
0 0

Simple enougth to make a bookmark this page link on a site but why not make a hotspot on a site right in the middle or the whole page and a on event action so you could do on mouse over and then run the rest of it like a link.

[Edit] Hope this make's sence it does in my mind, but don't think it was worded well and I can not gurantee this will work. [/edit]

0 0

Yeah I was thinking about that, but I had to go when posting so I just copied the text from the first google result lol :D

...Legend?
0 0

Ye I was just going to say google it, I'm sure alot of people have asked this question so there should be lot of info on the net.

Banned
0 0

I think it's impossible in Opera and Firefox. Dunno about either IE6 or 7.

0 0

This works for IE, Firefox and Netscape although it requires a confirmation in FF:

function bookmark(){
var title = 'Example Site FTW';
var url = 'http://www.example.com';
   if (document.all)
     window.external.AddFavorite(url, title);
   else if (window.sidebar)
     window.sidebar.addPanel(title, url, "")
   else if (window.sidebar&&window.sidebar.addPanel)
     window.sidebar.addPanel(title,url,"");
}
</script>

<a href="javascript:bookmark()">Bookmark this site</a>```