Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

site problems

0 0

i am writing up the HTML for my web site and in one of the sections (defensive web browsing) i made a link to a proxy site.

here's the syntax: <li>If you are worried about your IP address being logged and used against you somehow try using an Internet proxy. this will stop sites or people from logging your true address. <a href="http://www.youhide.com" target=_blank>here's a good one</a></li>

Here's the problem where it says "here's a good one" it is underlined i can't seem to figure out why it's underlined.

0 1

its underlined because all links are underlined by default so people know its a link.

fortunatley some amazing guy invented CSS and stylesheets.

the underline can be edited using the text-decoration attribute. Set it to "none" for no underline.

and if you want to be baby fed.. add this to the link atributes. style="text-decoration:none;"

0 0

well sorry if i didn't know that. i guess thats why you learn.

0 0

I like spoonfeeding people :happy:

here comes the choo-choo train…open wide….

<style type="text/css"> a:link{text-decoration:none;} </style>

but be careful removing visual aids from your site, people need some sort of way of telling where the links are, so make links slightly bolder, or a darker colour, or something

0 1

japanesedude wrote: <style type="text/css"> a:link{text-decoration:none;} </style>

you know that only works on non clicked with no mouse over links.

the A attribute has 3 states, visited - hover - link so if you want all to have the same style, i usally just use a { styles here }

0 0

i don't really know any css. i was just wondering if it was something in the syntax becasue i know there was no markup(u)(/u) in the syntax.

oh and all text is white but if it's a link then it's orange.