Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Need Help Testing

0 0

Okay guys and gals,

I am testing a new bit of code for PHP for checking if a user is using a proxy. I have found that it works, but I would like some other people to check it out too.

http://www.samurainet.org/proxyTest.php

Test this page with and without proxies. If you get the message "Hacker Alert!" without a proxy or do not get it with a proxy, please post here.

Thanks

0 0

why do people have a problem letting people with proxies connect? back in high school i had to use proxies to access many sites and people in certain restrictive countries must use proxies… so why all the animosity towards them.

and your site worked fine for me.

0 0

i dont have a problem with it. just seeing if i can make it work.

the cgi/php proxy detection doesnt work yet.

0 0

So does it just look for XFF headers?

0 0

no… it also checks things for high anonymity proxies. ones that dont have $_SEVER vars :D… should work for any proxy you use in FF, web-based ones (cgi/php) im still working on.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

i didnt get the message when i used a proxy.

0 0

do you have msn?

0 0

okay, it now works on php proxies… cgi… still no go

0 0

should work on all now… please let me know of anything you find wrong with it.

thanks

0 0

So if I disable headers from my browser, it thinks it's a proxy? (can't test it with this computer) Or what does it depend on?

Anyways, looks like a handy script.

0 0

hmm…. well it might on some… for the high anon proxies tho… no. it should always catch those

0 0

I got the hacker alert with and without a proxy though i was at college which could affect it.

Banned
0 0

koolkeith12345 wrote: I got the hacker alert with and without a proxy though i was at college which could affect it.

Your college probably uses a proxy server. Heck, not even probably, they just do.

0 0

spyware wrote:

Your college probably uses a proxy server. Heck, not even probably, they just do.

yeah they do and loads of random things dont work with it (css on 50% of websites and the shoutbox here at hbh)

it annoys me ><

0 0

yea, my school uses one too.

it says its cgi/php tho… im guessing its a cgi… not a php. lawl

0 0

i received hacker alert from school. havent tried my home pc but i will.

0 0

most schools will register this way…. because you are behind a proxy

Banned
0 0

Samurai, you should display the real ip too. You can do this with Java, search on sla.ckers/ha.ckers.

Python Ninja
0 0

Koolkieth, you don't understand how a gateway proxy works though do you , if used within a network it won't be listening on it's external interface, so it won't come up.

A proxy in that capacity is relaying packets from one interface to the other, which allows the sysadmin to process each requests, as opposed to letting packets flow through without question, meaning that you'd have to sniff each packet and run them through a filter.

0 0

spyware wrote:

Samurai, you should display the real ip too. You can do this with Java

The java thingy only shows the IP that your computer has right? If I have it like this…

computer -> router -> ISP -> proxy

…my computer IP can be pretty much anything I want and the IP given by my ISP is the IP I want to hide using a proxy and the proxy's IP is the one you'll see. Doesn't that make the java IP code kind of useless? Or is it just that I don't know anything about this stuff :D

0 0

Hacker Alert! The proxy's IP address is:207.191.187.20 You are using a Transparent or Anonymous proxy Your IP address is: 96.4.230.126 The proxy you are using runs: 1.1 cache02.knox

Running at school Knew they had a proxy but just trying to help.. Peace

0 0

Sorry for bringing this thread up, but you should put that PHP script for download on SamuraiNet or somewhere :)

0 0

when i dont use a proxy it tells me im not using a proxy and when I use Tor it also tells me I'm not using a proxy. Never tried a manual proxy.