Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

ways to exploit a network?

0 0

i've been fiddling around with networks lately and i've been able to gain access to network on my laptop with network stumbler and airsnort.

after i get in, i can see some workgroup computers and stuff like that.

but i want to know what are some things i can do to these networks.

also, if i were to setup vnc viewer server on one of the workgroup computers would i be able to obtain remote access to their desktop?

but basically if i can get some examples of how to do stuff ill be happy

:ninja:

0 0

Scan some Ip's using Angry IP scanner. Write down the list of Ip's that are active other than your own. Now run command prompt and type in this: nbtstat -a IP. Replace IP with what their IP is. It should come up with some useful information for their machine. Including their shares. If you find names of printers then you're in luck you can scare the hell out of the noob next door by printing anything of your choice (almost printed something at the front desk of a hotel once but they disabled their printer for the night :( ). Anyways, if you find a share most likely they have enabled everything (Editing the files and such) and you can do whatever to their files. But be aware if they catch you, you're screwed if you messed with their files.

Here is a site that can give you a little bit more information: http://info-x.co.uk/docview.asp?id=116

EDIT: Also find out more about the Metasploit exploit for sending back a VNC to their computer (Can't remember the name of it right now). That might also work.

0 0

kirk_halo1994 wrote: Scan some Ip's using Angry IP scanner. Write down the list of Ip's that are active other than your own. Now run command prompt and type in this: nbtstat -a IP. Replace IP with what their IP is. It should come up with some useful information for their machine. Including their shares. If you find names of printers then you're in luck you can scare the hell out of the noob next door by printing anything of your choice (almost printed something at the front desk of a hotel once but they disabled their printer for the night :( ). Anyways, if you find a share most likely they have enabled everything (Editing the files and such) and you can do whatever to their files. But be aware if they catch you, you're screwed if you messed with their files.

Here is a site that can give you a little bit more information: http://info-x.co.uk/docview.asp?id=116

No. NetBIOS hacking is so, so old. Also, it so, so doesn't work.

I don't have much experience with networking as of yet, still doing lots of reading, however I can give some basic advice. Try to figure out the purpose of each machine on the network. See how they communicate with each other, and what information you could intercept that would be of use to you.

0 0

2 Words:

Buffer. Overflow.

0 0

two more questions

1. what would a buffer overflow do?

2. do you know where i can find out more about that metasploit for vnc viewer?

thanks

0 0

buffer overflow allows you to insert your code directly into the memory and execute it. in a nutshell at least.

0 0

sounds quite complicated but ill check it out =)

0 0

WarpedSkittle wrote: sounds quite complicated but ill check it out =)

oh, believe me.