Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

taking control over a network

0 0

Say i pull a car into the street out front of my victim X's house. Victim X has an unsecured wireless network. I go on my laptop, and connect to the network. Can someone point me to a tutorial on how i can get access to other computers on Victim X's network?

Thanks

0 0

If you get connected, then you will be assigned an internal IP address on the LAN. Now, you're part of the network and can do regular network activities…

• Network File Sharing/P2P
  • Wake on LAN other PCs

You can log into the router (try default passes –> ie. admin:admin). If it's a Verizon owned, for example, try 192.168.1.1 and login with admin:admin for a generic Westell router.

Now, to be more specific as to what you CAN do once on the network, I'll suggest suggestion the whole network:

[bash]$ nmap –v –sV -p 21,22,23,80,8080,135,5900,6000 192.168.1.0/24

And if you LIVE hosts running certain services behind the ports that you've scanned for, then try enumerating for more information on that service, and exploit a service running on your victim.

That should get you in. Remember, cover your tracks (and possibly leave a backdoor for your next entry).