Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

I've been trying to learn about networking, so i've been googling, and reading books. So i was reading a tutorial on how to use ftp and it said to connect to the host, so i used "open" and then the host, but then it said connected to "host". but in the next line it said "connection closed by remote host." What am i doing wrong, what is closing my connection, and why is it closing it? Thanks. end3r

0 0

All your questions are pretty much answered in the message you are getting….

CONNECTION CLOSED BY REMOTE HOST

So whats happening? Your connection is being closed? Who is doing it? Your remote host (meaning the person you are connecting to)? Why are they doing it? Maybe they don't want you connected to them. Also happens if you supply the wrong username/password too many times.

0 0

Usually connection close after a while when no request are make. This way the FTP server doesnt stay with 100 connection open when there is only 2 personn that are transfering data and the other 98 idlying.

0 0

Are you sure you are connecting to computer that actually has an ftp server running? if it doesn't have a server running it will give you that message.

0 0

there was no prompt for any username or password, and i wasnt connected for too long because it happened in like 15 secs. so how can i use ftp to connect to someone if they just boot me off renegade? now there'll be like 15 people telling me to just google it but if you find anything can you tell me what you searched for, bc i did check first. Thanks. end3r

0 0

Well as DigitalOutcast said, you can't just connect to any IP over the FTP protocol.

If they don't run a FTP service (host a FTP-server) you won't be able to connect to them.