Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Apache

0 0

Im having some trouble with apache Im running it on Windows XP Home http://localhost/ and 127.0.0.1 works fine Its my IP im confused with When i enter it i get a blank screen I can't find on my computer where its reading from How to do i get what i want to come up when i enter my IP in the URL bar?

0 0

Open httd.conf and change Listen 127.0.0.1:80 to: Listen 80 That should be around line 53

0 0

are you refering to the directory on your computer where the files are stored that will be used for your website or do you want to know how to actually access your server from a browser?

0 0

Pretty much both I almost had the set 127.0.0.1 to 80 but it still didnt work Although it did say the connection was reset when i had port 80 unblocked

0 0

ok im gettin somewhere

I have listen 80 set on http conf and 127.0.0.1 and localhost is working fine

Its just when i enter my IP i get a blank white screen - not an error message

I have port 80 allowed on my firewall

I tried to set listen to (my IP ) xx.xx.xx.xx:80 like it says to do

When i did that it shut down apache and wouldnt restart until i set it back to 80

Ive been through google and couldnt find anything helpful it was just confinguring

If anyone knows how to get my site on the web help would be appreciated

Banned
0 0

Your ISP block 80?

Mine does and I had to change it to like 8000.

Thats the most probable cause.

BC

The Manager
0 0

More than just a router to check ;)

Check your modem settings…most are smart now and have built in web pages.

Another option is if you are going to run Apache try it on what it is built for…Run Apache on a Linux box…much less hassle.

Just what I think. Let me know about the modem thing.

Ohh and try (if you are networked) entering in the computers IP (eg. 10.10.10.100)

try that before hitting the outside world.

0 0

bl4ckc4t wrote: Your ISP block 80? … Thats the most probable cause.

No, hiw ISP has nothing to do with this as his packets are never going that far.

What happens when you type in your IP when Apache isn't running? Also try AldarHawk's last point.