Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Getting a Real IP

0 0

I currently am at a college campus and am trying to resolve an IP address for my computer. An IP address that computers outside our network can access. RIght now the only IP I have (as per ipconfig) is assigned by the router(which acts as a DNS, yeah?). I have used sites that give my IP address, but they give different ones and none seem to work. Is there a way to resolve a real IP or to set myself up with one? This is assuming I cannot jack in outside the router because its on a college in a dorm room.

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

depending on how the router is set up the ip address you get might work tht is assuming tht its giving you a public ip rather than a privite one also does the ip change everytime you connect to the internet? if not it still is possible for it to work but if worst comes to worst get your own isp with a static ip

0 0

i do get a new IP everytime. and i know its privave. my everyone in my dorm has a similar IP….i.e. me: 123.152.1.14 person1: 123.152.1.66 person2:123.152.1.24 ect…

0 0

yah you're on a domain, we got that aswell, ip ranges switch in different departments of school

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

ok fair enough do you know what router its using? an do you know if the router haas got remote admin? if so there's away around it, just outta curosity do you want a static ip so you can run summin tht anyone over the internet can access?

0 0

its running a cisco router(i ssh it) and i need to run some apps and let people connect to me.

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

ok does it have remote admin? and if so do you know the address for the remote adim?

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

ok does it have remote admin? and if so do you know the address for the remote adim?