Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Hidden SSID Question

0 0

I can't really find a suitable answer for this question on the web, I know its out there but I just got sick of dredging through the garbage for it. Or maybe I am just targeting the wrong keywords; anyways:

How is it that some access points that use hidden SSID's also have their mac spoofed to 00:00:00:00:00:00? How is the AP set to this? Obviously this is more secure then just a hidden SSID, as it has my asking questions. How much more secure is this though? What extra steps does a person need to perform to bypass this feature? And what is the name of this; so as to be able to perform better Google searches upon the subject?

Tried using airodump-ng but could not obtain the mac address. I also tried using aireplay-ng to try and de-authenticate but to no prevail. All the packets that I have looked at on Wireshark have led me nowhere. I have a feeling I am missing something simpleā€¦

0 0

"Assuming it's not a PC, anyhoo."

Everyone that I have asked has questioned if it was a PC or AP. I did not save the packets from Wireshark to verify, so I will be going to check to nite. It could be that I overlooked this.