Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Unwanted wireless user

0 0

Came home today and noticed i had a unwanted user on my network. Now i realize WPA-PSK/2 isnt the best OR A 100% way to keep people off your wireless.

Now my question is, I added all my computer mac addesses to the router and turned on mac address filtering, now this will keep them off unless they spoof a mac address of a connected computer correct?

And if so, how hard is it to get that info and do it.

Banned
0 0

"I want to hack WPA PSK2, tell me how."

0 0

AirCrack ng and a Dic file and some luck

youtube it

Banned
0 0

m3r1ll wrote: AirCrack ng and a Dic file and some luck

youtube it

Testicles. That is all.

0 0

m3r1ll wrote: Now i realize WPA-PSK/2 isnt the best What do you think is better for a home network?

m3r1ll wrote: I added all my computer mac addesses to the router and turned on mac address filtering, now this will keep them off unless they spoof a mac address of a connected computer correct? Correct, it would stop them unless they spoofed a MAC address. However, spoofing a MAC address isn't very hard at all. The best way to stop them getting on your network is to use a strong password.

m3r1ll wrote: AirCrack ng and a Dic file and some luck

youtube it

I'm not sure if that was a serious response or not, but in case it was: spyware wasn't asking that question for himself. He was suggesting what your real question was - hence the quotation marks.

EDIT:

spyware wrote: [quote]m3r1ll wrote: AirCrack ng and a Dic file and some luck

youtube it

Testicles. That is all.[/quote]

Wow. This post took me a stupidly long time to write. You hadn't posted that when I clicked the reply button.

0 0

Yea i realize its not hard to spoof a mac, but can they get the mac#s of the computers already connected.

lol Im not sure whats better than wpa psk, besides wiring everything in hardline. If i was paranoid id just build a linux box to control traffic.

But your right, if i have more problems ill just change the password