Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

[SOLVED] Setting up networking from console. O_O

0 0

Okay, so I've just installed Arch Linux on my netbook, and said bye to Debian. I've already went and made a new user and gave permission to sudo for that user, and added the mirror lists to the mirrorlist file for pacman.

When I try to synchronize pacman databases, I can't connect to the internet, even thought its plugged in. >_<

The commend route displays absolutely nothing, but ifconfig shows the eth0 interface as up.

My resolve.conf file only has the following in it. o.o

#generated by dhcpd #/etc/resolve.conf.head can replace this line #/etc/resolve.conf.tail can replace this line

Any ideas on what I need to do to get it working? >_< Thanks.

Banned
0 0

Can you ping your router?

0 0

spyware wrote: Can you ping your router?

I had hooked it up directly to the internet so there's no router in between.

Banned
0 0

ifconfig eth0 down ifconfig eth0 up dmesg|tail

0 0

spyware wrote: ifconfig eth0 down ifconfig eth0 up dmesg|tail

Still no luck.

dmesg|tail gave this output, if it has any significance:

atl1c 000:01:0.0: atl1c: eth0 NIC Link is Down atl1c 000:01:0.0: irg 29 for MSI/MSI-X atl1c 000:01:0.0: atl1c: eth0 NIC Link is Up<100 Mbps Full Duplex> atl1c 000:01:0.0: irg 29 for MSI/MSI-X atl1c 000:01:0.0: atl1c: eth0 NIC Link is Up<100 Mbps Full Duplex> atl1c 000:01:0.0: irg 29 for MSI/MSI-X atl1c 000:01:0.0: atl1c: eth0 NIC Link is Up<100 Mbps Full Duplex> atl1c 000:01:0.0: irg 29 for MSI/MSI-X atl1c 000:01:0.0: atl1c: eth0 NIC Link is Up<100 Mbps Full Duplex> atl1c 000:01:0.0: atl1c: eth0 NIC Link is Down

0 0

I got it working, I', not sure what I did, but its working now, and I just updated pacman and all that stuff and now I'm deciding what windows manager to use. Lol.

Banned
0 0

do a dmesg|grep eth0

Banned
0 0

Night_Stalker wrote: I got it working, I', not sure what I did, but its working now, and I just updated pacman and all that stuff and now I'm deciding what windows manager to use. Lol.

AwesomeWM. You won't regret it.

0 0

I agree with spyware - Awesome is awesome.