Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

upside-down-ternet

0 0

If this has already been covered or is super old news to everyone sorry and this thread should be deleted, my bad.

Okay so i stumbled upon this : http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html

And I love this. I love it because even if you mess with people using your wifi it's fine right? Since they are hopping on your network? Anyway the best part to me is just knowing enough to mess with people to this extent who think they are preying off a dumb sap who left his wireless unlocked.

my main question is are there any other cases of this? I'm sure people have done other things but I'd like to hear how creative people have gotten :matey::D

Ninja Extreme
0 0

This has been around for practically forever I think, but it's still interesting.

While not so much on the side of "creative" as it is "malicious", when someone is using your "free wifi" it is entirely possible for you to automatically MitM their connections via all sorts of methods. You can simply code up the gateway to strip all SSL, provide false certificates, or even just have the DNS resolve to a malicious site you have hosted on your LAN that "looks" like paypal or facebook. Record SSL sessions and website passwords/usernames, and then leave it running for a few months. Guaranteed you'll get lots of results. Using "free wifi" can be far more dangerous than most people comprehend.

0 0

Thanks for the interest.

Thats why I don't use strange wifi and havent for years. I was kind of coming from the entertainment side.

I thouhgt what this guy did was funny and i was interested in finding other similar hacks involving free wifi that would provide a good laugh.

Essentially exploiting peoples stupidity for entertainment.