Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Network Protocol book

0 0

I have no idea how to even begin on tracing #2 (and want to so horribly bad), so after some browsing on the forums, didn't get much help until I found someone telling this guy he should have some networking protocols under his belt before he even thinks about becoming a hacker.

So I am in need of some books to read so my ignorant, yet hungry brain can feed. Any recommendations please so I may continue my self-education?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

coldghost213 wrote: I have no idea how to even begin on tracing #2 (and want to so horribly bad), so after some browsing on the forums, didn't get much help until I found someone telling this guy he should have some networking protocols under his belt before he even thinks about becoming a hacker.

So I am in need of some books to read so my ignorant, yet hungry brain can feed. Any recommendations please so I may continue my self-education? By "tracing #2", do you mean the tracking2 challenge here? Because that doesn't require any networking knowledge at all; just hands (for typing) and google. Try browsing the forums here and the articles section.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Network(ing) Protocols are useful to know anyway. Even Wikipedia will give you a fair starting point.

:happy: exactly what I mean, just the quote from someone that said you should made me want to look into it .

Anyways, didn't even have to google it, I was at first really stumped on it because I was over-thinking it, looking for all forum posts/articles how to find it. And I found out all I had to do was *****.

But the reason why I didn't make that post there was because I am still looking for some type of book that can explain to me networking.

I see that there are cisco, should I look into that or I just finished dive into python (and a couple of 30-minute programs), I believe somewhere in the forums about learning networking through python.

So here's my question, I seen most sites saying what cisco is, but in your guys opinion should I try that IF I'M NOT PLANNING A CAREER OUT OF IT.

No matter what the answer, probably going to look for networking in python and a few other languages that I know the basics of.

(I'm wanting to go into computer engineering, nothing to do with networking. Consider the other things I'm wanting to learn and such to be a hobby and I don't intend to profit if I ever do make a software. It's just something I love to do. It's art :3)

0 0

CISCO isn't quite what it's cracked up to be imho. I got my CCNA a few years ago, and don't think the information it covers is really practical for taking the course. I took it as part of a dual-enrollment course, so I'm not sure if it's a 2-year course for the CCNA or a 2 semester course, but what we covered for the certification could be learned from Google in a week or so of hard study. The only advantage you'll really have using CISCO courses is that you have access to networking devices that you may not really have access to. If you aren't wanting to take the course and just want to get the books, don't, just use Google. It's cheaper.