Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Can't connect to AP.

0 0

I'm using a BT3 live CD…. If it helps, it is the final release.

Anyways, in Wireless ASSistant I can see all the networks, but when I try to connect to one it always fails, even on open networks without MAC filtering…

It works perfectly in Windows, but not here..

I've been looking into this problem since this morning, but I haven't found anything too helpful…

Any suggestions as to what I can do to connect to a wireless network?

I know the card works because it is in monitor mode and I can detect APs and I've even cracked some WEP keys, but as previously stated, I can not connect to any networks, not even open ones without MAC filtering, and I know hat the signal strength is not the problem because it is 90-100%.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to connect to a wireless network?

0 0

try using WICD http://wicd.sourceforge.net/

or do it from the command line (as root): lshw -C network //gives you the interface, you may skip this if you know (ex. wlan0, eth0, ath0) ifconfig <interface> down dhclient -r <interface> ifconfig <interface> up iwconfig <interface> essid "ESSID_IN_QUOTES" iwconfig <interface> mode Managed dhclient <interface>

for more: man ifconfig

0 0

Thanks man, it is working now with both open and WEP secured networks. :)

0 0

nice!

0 0

Night_Stalker wrote: Thanks man, it is working now with both open and WEP secured networks. :) Yeah WICD is the default in BackTrack 4 for a reason :p .