Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

bandwith

0 0

Is there a way to increase my bandwith without buying hardware? my computer is some what fast but I don't have enough band with to do what I'm trying any suggestions? or if i have to buy hardware… plz post that if no one posts a way to get more without more hardware after a while..

0 0

Which speed do you pay for? If you are at maximum speed from your ISP, no hardware is going to speed things up for you.

0 0

c4p_sl0ck wrote: Which speed do you pay for? If you are at maximum speed from your ISP, no hardware is going to speed things up for you. 12.0mpbs not sure what the maximum is

0 0

Do you use wireless or wired network?

0 0

I'm on my desktop right now so no but its also wireless to for my laptop.

0 0

game_killer13 wrote: Is there a way to increase my bandwith without buying hardware? my computer is some what fast but I don't have enough band with to do what I'm trying any suggestions? or if i have to buy hardware… plz post that if no one posts a way to get more without more hardware after a while..

What is it that you are trying to do?

0 0

Sabrewulf wrote: [quote]game_killer13 wrote: Is there a way to increase my bandwith without buying hardware? my computer is some what fast but I don't have enough band with to do what I'm trying any suggestions? or if i have to buy hardware… plz post that if no one posts a way to get more without more hardware after a while..

What is it that you are trying to do? [/quote] increase my bandwith…. oh and stream my shop security video allot of music and stuff .. just takes up allot of bandwith

0 0

game_killer13 wrote: [quote]Sabrewulf wrote: [quote]game_killer13 wrote: Is there a way to increase my bandwith without buying hardware? my computer is some what fast but I don't have enough band with to do what I'm trying any suggestions? or if i have to buy hardware… plz post that if no one posts a way to get more without more hardware after a while..

What is it that you are trying to do? [/quote] increase my bandwith…. oh and stream my shop security video allot of music and stuff .. just takes up allot of bandwith [/quote]

I realized that you wanted to increase your "bandwith"…

I was asking why you wanted to increase the bandwidth. Often times a newbie will ask how to get A to do X, when they SHOULD be asking, how do I do X, because using A isn't a good option.

12Mb is a fairly decent connection. As was previously mentioned, depending what speed you're paying for from your ISP, if you're already getting that speed, it would be the max you'll get between your location and the internet, regardless of the hardware you use.

If the bottleneck is on your LAN, you may be able to eliminate it.

How is your network setup at home? How is your "shop security video" connected to the network? What type of cabling are you using, is it a standalone unit, or is it a webcam setup that is using CPU cycles? Are your drivers up to date? Firmware updated on your router? Software you are using to stream? Do you really need to stream "allot" of music to the internet constantly? Are you just trying to play it on a different machine on your LAN than it is stored on?

Be aware that wifi is convenient, but susceptible to interference resulting in slower speeds. Length of cabling (when longer distances are involved) can be a contributing factor to latency.

Finally, learn how to spell. so you don't appear to be 10 years old.

0 0

Sabrewulf wrote: [quote]game_killer13 wrote: [quote]Sabrewulf wrote: [quote]game_killer13 wrote: Is there a way to increase my bandwith without buying hardware? my computer is some what fast but I don't have enough band with to do what I'm trying any suggestions? or if i have to buy hardware… plz post that if no one posts a way to get more without more hardware after a while..

What is it that you are trying to do? [/quote] increase my bandwith…. oh and stream my shop security video allot of music and stuff .. just takes up allot of bandwith [/quote]

I realized that you wanted to increase your "bandwith"…

I was asking why you wanted to increase the bandwidth. Often times a newbie will ask how to get A to do X, when they SHOULD be asking, how do I do X, because using A isn't a good option.

12Mb is a fairly decent connection. As was previously mentioned, depending what speed you're paying for from your ISP, if you're already getting that speed, it would be the max you'll get between your location and the internet, regardless of the hardware you use.

If the bottleneck is on your LAN, you may be able to eliminate it.

How is your network setup at home? How is your "shop security video" connected to the network? What type of cabling are you using, is it a standalone unit, or is it a webcam setup that is using CPU cycles? Are your drivers up to date? Firmware updated on your router? Software you are using to stream? Do you really need to stream "allot" of music to the internet constantly? Are you just trying to play it on a different machine on your LAN than it is stored on?

Be aware that wifi is convenient, but susceptible to interference resulting in slower speeds. Length of cabling (when longer distances are involved) can be a contributing factor to latency.

Finally, learn how to spell. so you don't appear to be 10 years old.[/quote] just the defaults I guess, Its connected through a live feed file on my network, a high speed cable, it uses doesn't take up any CPU on the computer unless I'm viewing it or do you mean on its own?,yes they're up to date,well no.. but I like to, I have a file on my network drive so I can view it on other computers, yes its all password protected.. so I don't have to worry about interference to much…

0 0

I'm still confused by your answers. Writing in complete sentences will dramatically increase your chances of getting a helpful reply.

You aren't providing adequate information about network topology, cabling types, distances involved, etc. You should also explain whether the slowdown in bandwidth is only on your LAN, only when trying to access your network from the internet, or both. I want to help, but I cannot read your mind.

0 0

Sabrewulf wrote: I'm still confused by your answers. Writing in complete sentences will dramatically increase your chances of getting a helpful reply.

You aren't providing adequate information about network topology, cabling types, distances involved, etc. You should also explain whether the slowdown in bandwidth is only on your LAN, only when trying to access your network from the internet, or both. I want to help, but I cannot read your mind.

OK. The cables that I use are both high speed "invax data cables", and the distance to my computer to my router is about a foot and about 6,10,15 feet for the cameras to connect to the internet at my shop. there is slow down for both. but I want to increase my band with regardless of the slow down… and lol sorry if i sound dumb

0 0

Ok, is it the cameras that are slow when viewing? Like a low FPS (Frames Per Second) because some cameras have a low fps, and anything under ~25-30 is going to look slowed down aka choppy.

0 0

You realize your upload speed, which determines your bandwidth able to stream out, is not the 12Mbit/s you are claiming.

Also, you don't need to worry about increasing your bandwidth, but more likely worry about decreasing the amount you need. IE Lower Resolutions/Reduce Frame Rates/Reduce Audio Quality/etc.

You flat out aren't going to get DVD picture, and CD audio streaming at a fast speed from your shop to anywhere outside of its LAN.

0 0

As stdio said, your upload speed is usually much less than your download speed. If you have 12 Mbit/s down, it is probably something like 0.5-2 Mbit/s up.

And if you find the video choppy it may well be the camera that has a low FPS to keep the bandwidth required down. 30 FPS requires twice as much bandwidth as 15 FPS requires, as you may guess.

The Manager
0 0

What is the modem you are using? What company do you get your internet through? What country do you live in? What is the true statistics of your connection?

Remember Bandwidth is not the same as what the ISP's tell you it is. They really lay claim to false promises to those who do not know what they are looking at.

12Mbps is twelve Megabits per second. That would Equate to about 1.5MBps which is what most people think about.

Anyways, answer the above Q's and I will see what I can do for you mate.

0 0

AldarHawk wrote:

1. What is the modem you are using?
  2. What company do you get your internet through?
  3. What country do you live in?
  4. What is the true statistics of your connection?

Remember Bandwidth is not the same as what the ISP's tell you it is. They really lay claim to false promises to those who do not know what they are looking at.

12Mbps is twelve Megabits per second. That would Equate to about 1.5MBps which is what most people think about.

Anyways, answer the above Q's and I will see what I can do for you mate.

1. visionet m505
  2. jbn
  3. u.s.
  4. 4** download 2** upload

0 0

AldarHawk wrote:

I wouldnt really say it isnt what ISPs tell you. kbit/s Mbit/s have been around for long enough and used as a data rate standardard for some time. Its not their fault if people are too stupid to know the difference.

The Manager
0 0

@stdio: I know…trying to be nice :evil: