Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Help on filtered Ports

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

I have been bored recently and decided to hack my brothers old laptop, (its awful) and i tested for an open port using nmap, but it only said 1715 ports filtered???, what does this mean, and is there anyway of bypassing it? thanks alot

0 0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_number

there is a list of ports and corresponding numbers. i have never used nmap so cant help you with that but if its telling you which ones are open and which are secured then you can referance from this.

0 0

Sounds like maybe a firewall tossing you back false positives on the port scan. Nmap has different scanning options, so use them to discover more about your target. Run an OS detection scan, try different types of TCP scans, look at the banners on each port to determine if a service is really running or if you're being tricked, try scanning smaller amounts of ports at a timeā€¦ heck, even give a UDP scan a shot (last - it will take forever).

Don't approach service enumeration and client discovery as an exercise in just running Nmap. Learn about the depth of Nmap's options and use them to gather various results, then compare them to determine the true aspects of your target. For instance, if a target says they're running a web server on port 80, telnet into the target on port 80 and try an HTTP GET; if the connection fails or you don't get a response from your GET, then you know you're being fed fake results.

0 0

did you use an aggressive scan? theres no reson not to because you know the computer you are hacking. you can use backtrack to get info on exploits and other jazz

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

Yeah i tried an agressive scan, still the same, i think ill just get used to nmap and try a few differnet things on it