Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Modifying Data Packets on a Network?

0 0

Ok so i am at a friends college visiting him, it is the Tech college of our state and well to be blunt the network SUCKS, i was doing some tests and it has the potential to Down at 15Megs a sec that's its PEAK… so in seconds i am having a ping of 20 then in seconds a ping of 7000 not even lying.

So i started thinking about switches i scanned the switch and there are only 2 open ports on it 80 and 280. And i started thinking more about the order switch process and to MY understanding (please correct if inaccurate) It looks at the packets coming to it and if the packets data states that there are less supposed to come and are coming then actually are (more are coming then should) it will give that a higher priority before going on with the next. i kinda have proof of that being XBL takes up ALOT of bandwidth and its actually easier to play that instead of WoW (i usually have a 7000 ping here with wow)

So is that because wow doesn't need as much information as XBL does and thats why the xbox is getting a higher priority on the switch?

SO in conclusion, the bigger question, Can i actually give programs a Higher priority via changing the data amount to a lower number or somehow boosting the number of packets sending outta the application?

many thanks ~peace

0 0

get a killerNIC card it should go a long way to getting the ping nice and smooth or take the router

0 0

truly brilliant, now does anyone have a educated answer hunch or just a idea?

0 0

cis_slayer wrote: SO in conclusion, the bigger question, Can i actually give programs a Higher priority via changing the data amount to a lower number or somehow boosting the number of packets sending outta the application?

The number of fragmented packets in a transmission is not sent upfront… they are tied together via a sequence id in each packet and the last packet finishes the sequence. As for prioritizing your packets…

Quality of Service: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_of_service

I don't support anything written by Wikipedia because any jackass could've written it… however, for your purposes, it's a good starting point. Read up, then investigate the QoS capabilities of the router.

0 0

Thanks alot man, im giving this a read